Part 13

November 2021 - 5 months in Monaco

"So I had originally picked this out for you for dinner with me tonight..." Dan left his sentence hanging as he pulled a dress out of one of the bags we had picked up while out shopping.

We'd had a good day so far. I even loosened up a little and picked out a few small things, much to Dan's delight. How anyone was so happy to spend money, let alone on someone else, was beyond me.

"Oh my god" I gasped quietly. The dress was stunning. A beautiful dark green, lace appliqued, sparkley dress with a deep v-cut neckline. I walked over to him and gently touched the fabric as Dan was still holding the dress. He definitely got this dress at one of the stores I could only dream of affording. I was speechless.

"Do you like it?" he asked me quietly, bringing me out of the trance the dress had me in

"Do you like it?" he asked me quietly, bringing me out of the trance the dress had me in. I looked at him, the realization hitting me again that I should be getting ready to go out with him tonight, not Pierre.

"I love it" I answered and pursed my lips. "Dan I-"
"Go put it on" he urged me, pushing the dress into my hands.

"Dan" I sighed, wanting to apologize again.

"Please" his eyes begged me. I hesitated, not wanting to leave this hanging over us. "Really, it's ok" he said, reading my mind and assuring me. I nodded and walked into my bedroom to change.

It fit me perfectly. I'd never worn anything so exquisite in my life. It looked like it had been made for me, the way it hugged my curves and highlighted my rather busty chest. It's something I would've never picked out for myself. I sighed again, the ache in my chest growing. I couldn't wear this tonight for Pierre, there's no way.

I was about to go tell Dan when the sound of his voice caught my attention. "You know, I knew it'd look great on you, but I had no idea just how beautiful you'd look in it" he said as he leaned against the doorframe to my room.

I smiled at him. "Thank you, but I can't wear it" I said, turning back to the mirror.

"You're right, you can't. Not without this." he said has he walked over to me, stopping to set a small box on my bed that he had just pulled a gold necklace out of. "May I?" he asked, gesturing for me to pull my hair aside.

I nodded and watched as he clasped the loose golden chain around my neck, feeling his fingers linger just a second too long there. The pendant was a small golden "3". Nothing too large or gaudy, just small and dainty and simple.

I smirked at his reflection. Dan, in his own way, putting his mark on me knowing Pierre would have to look at it all night knowing exactly who had given it to me.

He smiled back at me, looking into the mirror. I could see his expression saying everything he couldn't. His eyes studied mine, adoringly. Longingly. I could feel his hand, gently resting on my hip. After what felt like minutes, but was only seconds, he sighed and squeezed his eyes shut as he slowly kissed my temple, only pulling away to rest his forehead against the side of my head for a second to whisper in my ear "Be careful, ok?". I felt him squeeze my side gently before he quietly left my apartment.