Chapter 41

Author's POV

THUD. Carlos and the conductor looked up, hearing heavy steps on the roof of the train. Claws scratching here and there causing your teeth to ache. On the second cable car, Tyrell was the only one standing. A gun on his hand. His senses focused on the creature above. Geo gasped when he woke up. That thing better not fall on me now.

"I'm scared—" Jia suddenly said when she woke up to the sound which made Mother Amelia to cover her mouth with both her hands. Burrying Jia's head on her chest. The little kid whimpering and shaking in fear.

"It's 10 PM."Carlos whispered to the Conductor. "We're staying here for the night. We can't move right now." The conductor nodded. "We've got 7 hours."

A citizen slightly pushed the cloth of the window beside them. It was dark. But there's zombies lurking around. A hand hit the window, drawing blood on it. The citizen gasped and Tyrell grabbed his collar and arranged the cloth. "Don't." Tyrell warned the citizen and they hid their face in embarrassment.

Tyrell is still following the licker's footsteps. Carlos signalled Alan that he's gonna go outside to the second car and the old man nodded. Still wearing his night vision. Carlos closed the door quietly and told the twins to transfer to the conductor's cabin. The licker continued walking up to the fourth car and jumped down. Its tail wagging and dragging itself on the ground.

[4 AM]

Yawn. Carlos ran his fingers through his hair, staring at the ceiling for a moment. That was one good night's sleep. The skies are a mixed hue of orange and blue indicating the sun is rising not too long now. Carlos stood up with his rifle in his hands and opened the first car's door. The conductor is sleeping on the floor wearing an onesie and a matching head dress to it.

The twins are sleeping side by side. Their positions matching. "Coast's clear." Carlos said to Tyrell who's stretching after waking up."I don't think so." Tyrell pointed at the zombie in front of the train.

It jumped on the roof making a large commotion on its surface

It jumped on the roof making a large commotion on its surface. Everybody woke up in an instant. There on the third car is a sun roof. A thick glass. Goddamn. Geo thought while laying on his bed with a bat on his chest. Tyrell stopped midway to the third car when he saw the same citizen poking through the window's gaps. "Don't day I didn't warn you yesterday. "Tyrell grabbed the citizen's wrist and handcuffed it to the seat's railings. "What the?!" Tyrell shushed him by placing a blanket over his head. So annoying.

[In Umbrella, Sub-control Room]

Timothee is surrounded with screens. Its current location is the Arklay Station. The place is crawling with infected. He kept tapping the digital keyboard to swipe the cameras until his fingers came to a halt.
Raccoon City's train was seen in the tracks. And a zombie on top of it. Licking the sunroof over the second car.

Timothee panned all of the cameras to the zombie, zooming it twice. Tyrell was about to step into the light when the zombie's head exploded. Timothee leaned on the desk, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"Ugh, we're cleaning that." Tyrell complained. Indicating the flesh and meat scattered on the glass.

RAWR! Timothee widened his eyes when he saw a horde coming their way. Alongside with lickers. The sound of the explosion earlier was enough to attract dozens, no, hundreds of them.

"START THE TRAIN!" Carlos shouted and the conductor stepped on it. Timothee took deep breaths and concentrated on the screens once again. A licker got in and another one was about to—SPLAT! The licker's body was separated into two due to being squished by the gates Timothee controlled to close.

What is this feeling? Y/n thought. She was near a window, holding her chest when a licker was about to jump on her side but- BOOM! The head exploded, tossing blood on the glass. Timothee and Y/n's heartbeats were in sync. Y/n was bewildered while her brother was nervous, if he didn't check the cameras, that licker would've gotten Y/n by now.

The train got out safely and Timothee exhaled in relief. Keeping his stoic face on.

.........

"Hey, you okay?" Lilith asked Y/n who's been standing for too long now. Y/n just nodded. Not wanting to worry her bestfriend. "I need to pee." The two girls turned to Jia who's looking up at them. "Oh okay hun, let's go." Lilith held Jia's hand and went to the restrooms between the 2nd and 3rd cable car.

Y/n sighed. Leaning her back against the window.  "Morning buttercup. You good?" Carlos leaned his shoulders to the side, crossing his arms. "Just shocked." Carlos sighed. Everyone's shocked with what happened at the station, hell, getting swarmed by those things ain't a joke. "Don't worry, we're safe now. I'll talk to the old man about our next stop. Hang in there for me, will ya?" He tucked a hair strand behind her ear and left. "Is that blood?" Jia suddebly said as she pointed at the window beside Y/n. "Okay, okay lezzgo kiddo. That's just tomato sauce."

................

The train's journey was smooth through these forests of Arklay. And I do not mean no infected but, no interruption at the very least. When they passed through a frozen lake, the passengers couldn't help but take pictures of it. Afterall, it's not all the time you can pass through Arklay. The almighty County next to Raccoon City. It's a famous attraction for tourists and citizens from RC and everywhere. Until Umbrella wrecked that dream.

Carlos, Tyrell and the twins are with Alan right now. Doing the usual. Discussing coordinates here and there. Miss Pitt and Y/n were distributing food for lunch when one of the citizens cried.

Citizen: Wake up! Dad! No! Dad! Please!!

She kept on shaking the old man but he didn't budge. Y/n went to check his pulse and fell silent.

Citizen: NO!!!!!!

.........

"Why didn't you tell us?"Carlos asked the girl while the other soldiers were wrapping the dead man in a sleeping bag.

Citizen: I-I didn't want to bother you all. He also told me not to say a word.

Turns out her dad had heart problems. Or did he?

"He needs a proper burial." Carlos added while the girl was sobbing so loud.

..............

"Poor man..." Maximus said while staring at the others outside at the fields with Mother Amelia orchestrating the mini ceremony.

TO BE CONTINUED

TO BE CONTINUED...