Eowyn and I stepped to the man who was handing out food and got our shares before sitting down somewhere quieter to eat. The food was bland but good enough to calm the grumble in our stomachs. Eowyn spoke of the bravery of the men while we ate, and how glad she was that many of us were unharmed. It was obvious to me that she specifically spoke of Aragorn, though included him amongst many of our names. I remained silent for most of the time though, but threw in a word or two when necessary.

Finishing with our meal, we made our way back to Rohan, guiding the men and women and children back to their homes that were now safe from the wrath of Sauron, for the time being. When things had settled, I took to stand at the entrance of the town to welcome the others when they returned from confronting Saruman and Grima. It was only half an hour that I waited and soon saw them approaching on horses in the distance. The corners of my lips curled up into a smile at the two other scents that reached my nose – that of the two hobbits we thought we had lost to the Uruk-Hai army.

"Leah!!" Pippin was the first to holler to me, waving his hand madly with a wide grin on his face.

I merely raised a hand in greeting. When they reached the gates, Merry and Pippin were quick to get off the horses, huffing a bit in between, and run to me to greet me excitedly.

"It's so good to see you, Leah!" Pippin chimed.

Wishing for our eye levels to be the same, I kneeled only to tense when I was embraced. It reminded me of when I had held Frodo in my arms while he cried. It stirred unexplainable warmth in me, rendering me to submit to my instincts and wrap my arms around them in return with my eyes closed in content.

"It's good to see you too, Pippin, Merry. I'm glad that you're unharmed."

"We're unharmed but we had a mighty adventure!" Pippin chirped.

"That's right! We met Ents and convinced them to fight!" added Merry. "Should have been there to see them in Isengard! The orcs stood no chance!"

"We have to tell you all about it!"

"How about I hear it over dinner and drinks?" I suggested, standing.

"Brilliant! By the way," said Pippin, "you're looking really pretty in the dress."

"Me, pretty? This isn't really my style," I mused.

"But Pippin's right in saying it suits you. I'm sure everyone else thinks so too, right?"

We looked to the others still on their horses at Merry's words. Gandalf was the first to nod with a wrinkly smile, it was followed by a courteous smile and nod from Aragorn.

"They speak the truth," said Legolas, and his words had me feeling an odd flutter in my chest again.

"Your compliments are appreciated," I answered, attempting to not show the mild awkwardness that had stirred in me. "We should go inside now – a grand feast has been arranged for the victory against Saruman. I believe it's also encouragement for victory in the battle we will face in the near future."

"Then we shouldn't dilly-dally now," said Gandalf.

It was not much later that we were all gathered in the grand hall of the palace with drinks in our hands and King Theoden stood in front of his throne with a golden goblet of wine that had been handed to him from Eowyn. We all stood when he raised his goblet.

"Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. Hail the victorious dead!"

"Hail!" we repeated. While others chugged down their drinks with much gusto, I took barely a sip of the unfamiliar, strong liquid. Beer and wine were drinks offered to us in the facility when a grand feast was held, mostly for success of missions of high importance, and Hannah and I had had our share of drinks on Judin's insistence. The pungent aroma and strong taste of them often had me wondering how so many liked such beverages so much, though the mild tipsy feeling that lingered from it did overpower pain and bitter emotions. The relief from them was what most sought, is what I concluded upon. It was not what I cared for though.