Justchloeno's TMM One Shot Competition

I've observed him for a while now. Not in a creepy way. He's my mate, but he doesn't know that. He is human. It's extremely rare to get a human as a mate but Luna, my mums best friend must have thought we were the perfect match. That we would make strong pups. I don't know what she was thinking though, pairing a werewolf with a human, a hunter. Cole, his name suits his features. Almost black hair cut short, prominent cheek bones, full lips and dark mysterious eyes. His shoulders are the kind that are toned but not enough to be a gym junky but to fight off a werewolf, and a toned body, with slightly tanned skin. His personality though is another story. He is mean, cocky, and rude. Somehow my wolf loves that.

I first saw him three months ago, I bumped into him. I'm not sure why he didn't kill me on the spot or why we even in the same place near each other. Maybe he felt it, the spark, heat or tingle when we touched. He didn't suspect anything I think. He just went on his merry way with his brother and four friends. Not even a single glance back. Everyday I've had free and been able to do something without having to help with the pack I've taken that chance to observe his actions. What he does, when. Observe any patterns. So far everything he does is spontaneous. Not even eating. I've found him through his scent, a slight tinge of mint with supreme pizza and body wash.

'You good there?' A deep voice said from behind me. 'Miss?'

'Huh? Oh, sorry. Wait.. What?' I stuttered.

'Why are you watching people? It's not socially acceptable. It makes people uncomfortable' The older man said with his deep voice. 'Never mind, look, miss your going to have to leave my bakery if you continue with this activity.'

'Sorry, I'll be on my way then. Not that I will continue creeping people out. No, I, uh no I need to go home now. Sorry again.' I stumbled over my words as I grabbed my stuff. I can't believe I had gotten caught. Imagine if Cole saw, imagine if he was the one to catch me. Never again will I get lost in my thoughts, at least not while staring at people.

I started on my trek home, paranoid. What if everyone knew? What would dad do? What would mum do? Why couldn't I have a normal life? I just want my mate to accept me, to love me. But no, I got stuck with a human. A hunter.

'Hey.' A voice said, while a hand grabbed my shoulders, sparks flying all over my body. Mate. My wolf whispered. 'Why do you always stare at me? It's been like three months. Like, I know I'm attractive and all but, you know it gets kinda creepy.'

'Uh, I uh, you, we..' I'm making myself look like a fool... in front of my mate.

'Dude..' He says. I ran. I ran from my mate. And he didn't know. He doesn't. How would he? He's not a werewolf, he doesn't know what it's like to need someone, to want to be with someone every second you live. He doesn't know what the tingles mean. I burst through the door of the pack house startling a few of the pack members. I ran straight for mum and dads room.

'Mum' I breathe out. 'What do I do, I don't know what to do.'

Woah, slowdown Hun, breathe. What's wrong? She signs

'I got caught, I got caught watching Cole. By, by an old man, he owns the bakery. Then when I was walking home, he, Cole grabbed my shoulder and said hey. I was a mess I didn't know how to talk to him. He's my mate it should be easy. But, it's not.'

Honey I know he's a hunter, but he's your mate. You're made for each other. Remember what Aunty Elise said? She said, 'you two are the future, Dylan, you two will end the hunters and wolf hate. You are The Pair.' The start is always rough, look at your father and I. But we fought. We have four wonderful pups that surprise us each and every day. Don't forget that.

'Ok, thanks mum, I'm gunna go sleep.' I say, with a monotone voice. I walk out of their room and head for mine, nodding at the other werewolves around me. As I sat on my bed I got lost in thought.

I have three brothers, Ash, the oldest, Blake, the second oldest and
Cam, my younger brother. I'm the second youngest at 18. I finished school last year. I am currently in training to be a doctor here at the pack house. I have a best friend, Avalonn, she's mates with Blake. While I'm mates with Cole a human. A very dangerous human who takes joy in killing my kind. Werewolves.

---

This is my entry for @Justchloeno's TMM One Shot Competition

I really loved her story The Mute Mate and saw that she was accepting entries still so I decided to write a little first chapter.

EVERYONE! Should go

VOTE
FAN
COMMENT

On her books and follow her while at it.

Have a great day :)