10

Being back at the office is both a blessing and a curse. It's been three months since you set your foot back inside the tall building and finally relieved your assistants of their temporarily added responsibility. Seokjin and Namjoon both did great, of course, they're both more educated and have more experience than you, but you know they were worried about you, especially Seokjin. He crushed you in his arms your first day back, even though you'd only been absent for three weeks.

It's good to be back to normal, but you won't lie and claim that the days aren't tiring, they're long and filled with tedious and strenuous tasks. Hounding people down to question them about their work and progress isn't on your top-ten list of fun activities. Neither is firing workers.

"You're late," you observe the man that's just stepped inside your office. Your assistants' assistant, he hasn't been working here very long, and should've been at your office fifteen minutes ago. He tugs a little on the collar of his white dress shirt that's tucked inside his black dress pants.

"Sorry. There was an accident on the highway."

You get up from the large, black chair and motion for him to come closer. The door is already closed behind him, and he obeys your silent order without a word of his own.

"Sit," you instruct, nodding towards the now empty chair, and the man does.

Without hesitancy, you sit down as well, on top of his thick thighs that you know are pure muscle.

"You should've called," you mumble as you turn to snuggle your face against his neck.

"Didn't think it was gonna take so long. And it's only been, what? Ten minutes? Fifteen?" You throw your legs over the armrest, caging him in. His arms wrap around your waist, pulling you closer to his chest, where his body warmth can seep through your clothes, and you sigh happily.

"Still, I missed you. How was class?"

"It was alright, I was really tired this morning, but it got better during the day."

"You know that you can just stay here if you're tired, right?"

"Nah, Namjoon wanted me to help with a report, and besides, I don't want people to think I was hired as a charity case just because I'm a lover of yours."

"You don't need to worry about that, Jeongguk. Everyone around here loves you. They know that you're in uni and that this is just your part-time. Your work description is literally to help when needed, so other than that, you don't have any obligations. And although I like the word 'lover,' you make it seem like I have multiple, and you know there's only you."

Jeongguk runs his hand up and down your arm slowly. It's not an exaggeration to say that this is your favorite part of the day.

"Shouldn't I head to Namjoon's office, then? Since I'm supposed to help, and he's asked me to?" His tone is teasing.

"But what if I need you here?"

"What for?"

"Lifting my spirits," you answer in the same playful tone. Then you add something in a more serious, a little quieter voice. "You know you're helping me a lot, right?"

It's true. Jeongguk has made you realize that you're worth more than you thought and that you need to look past the bad apples to find the good ones. The spoiled fruit is not a reflection of you, but of them.

Simply being in Jeongguk's presence does wonders for your mental health, and even if you're certain you would've eventually managed to crawl out of that dark hole yourself, his warm and loving helping hand is greatly appreciated. He's someone you know you're going to love for a long time, and even if a day would come when you break up, you know he'll always be there for you in one way or another.