THIRTY-TWO| Cuore mio

Começar do início

We made a deal. A kiss for every minute that I was gone.

How can I give her my end of the deal now?

Suddenly the phone is snatched out of my hand. I glare at Callan, putting my hands in my pocket.

"You're drunk. What the fuck is up with you? Did you seriously come here instead of going to her?"

I wouldn't choose anything over being around her.

Callan picks me up, his arms hooking under my shoulder. "She threw you a surprise party, you dickhead."

"Surprise party. Cuore mio." [My heart] My heart clenches at the reminder. She made me a cake, matcha macarons and cupcakes. She even annotated a book for me.

We're not even gonna talk about the Persian food, cause' I'll start crying. I don't wanna drunk cry. What am I, a bitch?

"She left. She dumped me." Callan stops in his tracks.

"What?" He yells.

"Dumped. Done. Broke up. Over." I clarify, watching him lazily.

I feel myself being put into a car seat. I start getting comfortable, closing my eyes in to sleep when I feel the sting of a slap to my face.

"What the fuck?" I yell as my eyes snap open.

Callan bends in front of the open door, a confused look vacating his face. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"She fuckin' left me, Callan. The fuck you want me to say?" I push his hand away from my face.

All up in my personal space and shit. Fuck off.

"Okay. Where's Isabella right now?"

Don't even remind me.

"Marco." I mutter. "Now either take me home or let me get more drunk."

He sighs, shutting the door and getting in the drivers seat. As he starts driving his hand suddenly points to my cheekbone.

"What's this?"

"Marco hit me. I won, don't worry." I brush him off.

Fucker. Tried to fucking punch me. I did worse.

"And you know what," I speak lazily. "I'm gonna fucking kill him if he touches her. Tell him that." I push my fingers in Callan's face in an attempt to get his attention. "Tell him I'll fuckin' kill him."

"Tryna' steal my fuckin' girl. My Bella." I mumble under my breath.

Callan shakes his head as I close my eyes, laying my head against the leather seat.

"Come on." What? Suddenly I'm being helped out of the car.

How did we get home so fucking fast?

The next time I open my eyes we're in the house, Rain jumping up my leg.

"I fucked up, Rain." I mutter, patting his head. My eyes fall on the counter. I push Callan off of me, holding on to the counter. 

"She made me cake." I dip a finger in the frosting, tasting it. "Look, it says, happy fuckin' birthday grumps."

She doesn't include the 'fucking' of course.

And to make matters worse, the cake is fuckin' delicious. But again, what did I expect? She's the best damn baker in the world.

"Okay, come on, grumps. Let's put you in bed." He helps me to the bed room, putting me on the bed as he takes my shoes off.

"Eat the food she made. She put so much time for it." I mumble, laying on the bed.