INTERLUDE

But the words are shadows and you cannot hear me

But the words are shadows and you cannot hear me. You walk away and I cannot follow.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

MAGGIE SULLIVAN HAD SPENT most of her life fearing Death and the grief that followed him everywhere. First it was her mother, whose ghost had never truly departed from Maggie's side ever since the ruthless murder that took place when Maggie was only six. Then it was her best friend, one of the few people to ever get close enough to know the shell of a person Maggie had become after the heart-wrenching loss of Delilah Sullivan.

The older she became, the easier it was to lose people. Sure, it was a part of life for everyone at some point, but there was something about Maggie Sullivan's luck with the Grim Reaper that felt like a curse of some sort.

For try as she might, Maggie had never been good at protecting her heart from loving people. She had a best friend in Hayden Calder (or, at least, she thought she did) and a good(ish) relationship with her older siblings. Her aunt and uncle, despite the recent discovery of her uncle's secret-keeping, had always been decent. And now she had Paul Lahote, someone who had come into her life so quickly, with so much ease that it surprised Maggie herself to know another had captured her heart in a choke-hold.

Time and time again, Maggie let people in.

Time and time again, she brought Death even closer.

Really, it was only a matter of time before the woman who could outrun the afterlife, who walked side-by-side with the Grim Reaper in his travels, caught up to her next victim. She'd taken Maggie's mother, her best friend.

What was a few more people before the girl in question finally met her match?

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

( LOTTA LOVE )

RETURNING STAR. . .

DIANA SILVERS
as MAGGIE SULLIVAN
❝It's gonna take a lotta love to let you go...❞

FEATURING

FEATURING. . .

zendaya coleman as maeve cooper
devery jacobs as hayden calder
cody christian as carson burns
amber midthunder as kim conweller
emma roberts as vera sullivan
natalia dyer as dakota sullivan
timothee chalamet as zeke sullivan
julia roberts as delilah sullivan
anne hathaway as wren sullivan-ateara
martin sensmeier as everett ateara
brianne tju as lina song
sadie sink as sadie swan

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight. All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer and her series. I only own my original characters, Maggie and the rest that are listed above, and any plotlines you're unable to recognise.

Author's Note!

At last, we've gotten to Eclipse! I'm so excited for you guys to see what I've got in store for Maggie here. We'll be seeing a lot of Maeve Cooper in this act, who stars in the companion fic for this; Pretty Ordinary, an Embry Call romance. And we'll also be meeting a new character, for a book that isn't out yet but is connected to this series, aka my baby, Sadie Swan. I can't wait for everyone to meet her and love her as much as I do. Anyways, let me know what you think so far, and what predictions you have for the Eclipse act. Thanks for reading <3