𝘏𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 ¹₂

"You broke my trust."

"It was no different from when you broke his."

"Kirishima what the fuck man!" was the last thing the red head heard before he passed out. Sero, the one who found him passed out in his room with an empty bottle of pills in his hand, rushed over to his friend when he saw him pull the needle out of his arm.

"Why would you do that?!" he frantically asked while slapping his face in a feeble attempt to wake him up. Running out of the room, he scoured the halls for the nearest doctor, nurse, anyone who would be able to help Kirishima.

Not again not again not again were the words that flooded his head.

Eventually he was able to flag down a doctor and lead them back to Kirishima's room.

"Is he gonna be okay?" he asked, trying to look over the doctor's shoulder.

"You need to leave," she replied.

"But I need to know if he'll be okay!"

"I can't promise you that. But you have to leave and let me do this." Reluctantly, Sero walked out of the room. As much as he wanted to see Kirishima, he wanted to give the doctors and nurses space to work on him.

Kirishima was in the hospital for a little under a month, and while his classmates visited him once every week and his friends once every two or three days, Sero was there religiously. From the second he got out of school he was at the hospital. It was times like this that he wished he had Y/n's quirk.

Which is why he asked her if he could use it, just to get to the hospital and back quicker so he could optimize his time with Kirishima. The h/c haired girl didn't turn Sero down at the request. Even though she didn't really know him, she knew how close he and Kirishima were. Y/n wasn't really close with Kirishima, so oftentimes she would drop Sero off and teleport herself back home and come back for him later, but sometimes she stayed.

Sometimes she stayed.

Sero didn't know why he felt so obligated to come every day, if he expected anyone to come every day he would expect it to be Bakugou, since he and Kirishima were so close. He thought that maybe it was because he was the one who found him laid on the ground in his room.

Sero knocked on Kirishima's door. He hadn't seen him in a couple of days. Out of everyone he was taking Denki's death the hardest.

"Kirishima, dude, I'm just checking on you."

No response.

"Hey uh, you don't have to let me in, I know you're grieving right now."

Silence.

"Bro? Are you good? Answer me please."

t̶h̶u̶m̶p̶

"Are you okay?"

"Kiri, you're scaring me."

"Open up, please!"

"I'm coming in."

Using his fingernail to unlock the door- thank God he waited another day before cutting them- Sero opened up the red-head's room door to find him lying on the ground, an empty bottle of pills in his slightly clenched fist and puke on his lip and on the floor, him passed out.

"Holy shit."

Time seemed to move in slow-motion from that moment on for Sero. When he ran to get help he didn't feel like he was going fast enough, that one second could mean life or death for his friend.

And it did.

Sero couldn't lose another friend, though. Not now, not ever. He always wanted to die before any of his friends, that way he won't have to deal with the loss of someone he held dear. Selfish, he knows, but it's what helps him sleep at night.

When Sero finally found Mr. Aizawa he didn't even explain what was going on, just grabbed onto his arm and dragged him back to Kirishima's room. When he got there he asked Sero if he had already called paramedics, he said he hadn't.

He didn't...

He didn't call an ambulance.

Kirishima was passed out on the floor after consuming who knows how many drugs and Sero didn't call him an ambulance.

If he died...

If Kirishima died...

It would be all Sero's fault.