Chapter 8: Horikita Manabu

Start from the beginning

"We'll just have to see won't we?" I smirked at her angry face for me being vague. "Ohhh and about how, if I were you I would pay attention to my surroundings. Especially the corners." As I started walking towards her, I asked her, "Have you ever asked why he can act normally with you and me, but with others he's awkward and nervous." Once I got to her side I whispered, "No one can truly control Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, he's a lot like me. I can tell." I patted her shoulder and walked away saying, "He's also a great actor. Even if it's unconsciously."

After that. I had left her with my words, contemplating on the existence of Ayanokouji. I also tried to make it sound like I don't know him. I felt like adding a bit of spice to the story, not like it's gonna make any affect on it. She's someone who thinks but doesn't act unless it's a dire situation. Since she does think everything is a waste of time when it has nothing to do with her or her goal. She'd just keep things to herself and ask later when the right moment arrives.

That moment is probably right outside the SCP room after Class C withdraws their complaint on Sudo. The situation tonight with her brother and Ayanokouji should show some of his capabilities.

Also a chance for me to get points as I'll need them in the future. I'm slowly planning to get 20 million points either for me or Ayanokouji as a way to ensure he doesn't get expelled by the first years.

I still don't know what happens after volume 5 of the 2nd year and I've forgotten some things since it's been 15 years since I've last read a Classroom of the Elite book. So I've forgotten stuff such as people involved in certain exams. I could also end up being targeted as the person who's closest to Ayanokouji.

Sure Karuizawa gets bullied, but that's because Ryuen knew Karuizawa is related to X. But he won't know that I am and if he does it won't matter as it's most likely he'd go after the weaker ally. There's also the Nagumo incident the Student Council President had left Ayanokouji. So I don't know what happens then. There's a lot of unknown variables going on in the second year and some in the first, so I have to be cautious after the summer break.

I had gotten back to the table with everyone and it seemed like they were finished. The rest of the day was normal, nothing out of the ordinary except for the class behaving. I saw Horikita look up at the corners and see cameras and her eyes widen and look over to me, who shows a blank face but I have a glint in my eyes. What I realised is how weird it is to see them like this since they were like a bunch of monkeys last month.

—————————————
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
—————————————

It was finally dark and I went out of my room and started to take the stairs while looking at the time. I waited there for about 20 minutes on the fifth floor until I heard the elevator on the fourth. I started walking downstairs, taking my time till I got to the first. I waited for another few minutes in front of the elevator till I saw the it show it's on the seventh. I then started to make my way to the CCTV on the ground floor and saw Ayanokouji.

You may be wondering why I was continuously waiting. Well, I had no information on when Ayanokouji started moving to get a drink from the lobby vending machine, so I decided to wait and then waited again till I saw the elevator show it was on the seventh floor, which Horkita will be inside the cart. This is also coincidentally the same time Ayanokouji will be done and see this and get curious as to who's in the elevator at this time.

This was my simple plan I had come up with on the spot to join Ayanokouji in following Horikita to meet her brother. I tiptoed over to him and poked his cheek. I could tell he slightly jumped even though it was barely visible and he turned to see me poking at him with an amusing smile.