Adira glared at him but he was not bothered. The need for water eventually got to her and she took a small sip of his water, ignoring the need to chug the whole thing.

"I'm gonna go on a run in a few minutes." He stated while attaching the water bottle back to the side of his hip.

The clouds moved past the sun and allowed her eyes to rest for a second. "Want me to come? It should be deer season if I'm right." Her voice was still scratchy but it didn't hurt as bad anymore.

Daryl rolled his eyes, "it's always deer season. Bastards are horny fucks." He sped up and walked beside Rick.

Rick held baby Judith in his arms. She was doing better then the rest of them. It was a surprise she wasn't crying due to hunger.

"Im gonna head out. See what I can find." Daryl told Rick and handed him the rifle that was on his back.

Rick took the gun and strapped it to his back. "Don't take too long."

Daryl nodded his head and signaled me to follow. "I'll go with you." Carol said while holding a sniper gun limply in her hands.

"Nah, we got it." Daryl walked past the trees while Adira waited at the edge for Carol to follow.

"Cant stop me." Carol muttered and smirked at the girl.

Carol was one of the strongest in the group. Like Mitch, she had a pretty good aim with guns. She wasn't good at hand to hand but Adira thought maybe could teach her one day. She was nice to her... well, she was nice to everyone unless you got on her bad side.

The three of them followed the prints of a rabbit. Adira spent a few minutes trying to teach Carol prints, but in the end she was even more confused and the girl eventually gave up.

The prints eventually led them to a large clearing full of knee length grass. "Anything?" Carol asked while Adira crouched down to see if she could find any more tracks.

"The dirt is too dry. I can't see anything." Adira replied and stood up while dusting the dirt of her knees.

"Maybe we should start back." Carol suggested.

Daryl continued searching, "you go."

Carol sighed and after a few silent minutes she said, "I think she saved my life." Adira's eyes snapped towards the woman and she instantly knew who she was talking about. She slowly closed her yes and let let head drop for just a second before looking back at Carol. "She saved your lives too, right?"

She walked closer to Daryl and Adira with something in her hand. She held out a hunting knife with a white handle. Daryl took it and Adira could see the tips of his lips turn down. "She spoke about you like you were the greatest person in the world." Adira looked up and met her gaze. "She found this while cleaning an office." There was something else in her hand and she softly grabbed her hand and placed it in her palm.

Adira was too scared to look down but she knew what it was. The round piece of thin metal was cool on her skin. It felt like hours before she finally looked down and opened her hand. It was a silver ring in the shape of vines. "There were two of them. She never took it off." Carol placed a hand on her shoulder.

She suddenly felt like crying. Why did she have to go? "We're not dead." Carol stated and gently placed the ring on her left pointer finger. "I know you. I know both of you. You have to let yourselves feel it." She brushed away Daryl's hair from his eyes and kissed his forehead before kissing Adira's.

A tear slipped from her eye. Not only because of Beth, but because of what Carol did. No one had ever done that. "I know you think it's weak to show emotion, but in the long run, it makes us stronger." She told Adira before walking back.