vormir chronicles

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Kate paces the floor as she attempts to reach my father and she gets increasingly frustrated as he doesn't answer

She throws the phone down on the comforter and I open my eyes looking to her.

"Why won't he answer!"

I sit up and chuckle as I say "Just track his location. I've gotta run. Thanks for letting me crash here last night. It's greatly appreciated."

"Oh, yeah of course. You're welcome any time. Want me to walk you out?"

I shake my head and say "That's alright. I've got it."

I stand up rubbing Kate's shoulder as she sits down frustratedly. I pat her shoulder and say "Good luck finding him." I exit the room being very cautious of my surroundings. I enter Eleanor's office sliding the file off the desk and stuffing it into my coat. I leave the penthouse as fast as I can.

Walking down the city I slide the folder out. Opening it to the birth certificate again. I'm hung up on this. Then I flip the page and begin reading the hydra document. Subject 255

I furrow my eyebrows and Yelena says "What do you have there?" I look up closing the folder. I say "It's a file I stole off Eleanor, Kate's mom. She has a file on me. A really in depth one and it's creeping me out." She nods and says "Does this call for detective Yelena to help you?"

I chuckle and say "No, it's alright. I've got it covered. You wanted to check out times square right? We can head there now." She nods and we begin walking.

Clint stops in front of the plaque reading all the names.

Steve Rogers

Tony Stark

Thor Odinson

Bruce Banner

Natasha Romanoff

Clint Barton

He clicks his hearing aid off and sighs. He sniffles and says "Natasha.. I really need to talk to you right now. You were the bravest of us all, weren't you? Loyal, stubborn. You always had to win, didn't you? And all for a stupid orange rock. Mackenzie is more and more like you every day. I'm doing a horrible job. She needs you more than she needs me. I have replayed that moment a million times in my head hoping for a different outcome..."

He chokes up and continues "But I do my best every day to earn what you gave me. I am upholding my promise to you. No matter how much it hurts to lie to Mackenzie.. I just wanna say... just want to say I miss you. We all miss you. And I'm so sorry for what I'm about to do."

His mind flashes to the memories of vormir as he steps back and heads to put his Ronin suit on.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────