Kessler, Ten

Kessler

Winter 2021

"Mya calm down." Kooper said trying to understand his wife. We'd been sitting outside the bar trying to keep an eye out for Quinn's piece of shit ex. So far with no luck. We saw Kiser which didn't help the mood of everyone. We were all getting antsy for a fight and Kiser standing at the bar with a smirk the entire time was not helping anything. "What?! Are you okay?!" I looked over at Kooper, he looked terrified as he grabbed my shirt and started pulling. "We need to get back to the ranch NOW." I nodded noticing the fear that crossed his face, and jumped into the truck along with a few of the guys and smashed the pedal to the floor.

I wasn't ready for what we pulled up to.

I wasn't ready to see my front door in pieces.

I wasn't ready to see glass from the slidin' door shattered all over the deck.

I wasn't ready for Levi and Elias to be hysterical asking for their Momma.

And I definitely wasn't ready for Mya to tell me...

"They took Quinn." I reached for both boys and they clung to me, settling down.

"Who took her."

"We don't know." Taylor said tears streaming down her face. Kieffer had her in his arms holding on for dear life.

"There were at least three men in suits." Mya got out sniffling in Kooper's arms.

"Are both y'all good?" I asked them, they both nodded. I tried taking a deep breath but couldn't. "Did these two see it all?"

"No, they were both in your room. They didn't even look for them."

"For now. They were on a mission though, they wanted Quinn. They'll be back for them boys." Taylor stated.

"I'll take them home with us." Mya said not letting go of Koop.

"I'm not leaving them without me."

"Then you come back to the house too." Mya said no budging on getting the boys from my place.

"We will find her." Kooper stated holding tighter to Mya. Taylor's phone rang and all of us looked over at her.

"Hello? Yea. He did what? How do you know? Yea, okay." She hung up and pushed her phone into her back pocket. "You need to get back to the bar."

"Why?"

"Kiser, he was seen talking to that dirtbag."

"How do you know?"

"I had the new kid go back and check the cameras. He said that he saw the two of them talkin', didn't think much about it. He overheard Kiser explaining to the dickhead how to get to the Ranch. The guy walks out of the bar a few minutes later."

"Fucking Kiser." Kieffer, Kooper, and myself all said at the same time.

"Let's get these two back to the house." I said as we all headed to Kooper and Mya's place. Once there we got the boys settled. "You two coming back with me?"