Chapter 4

Previously,
He squats and spreads his arms out. "Beast Breathing Seventh Form, Spatial Awareness!" Tanjiro and I protected Inosuke while he sat there trying to find the demon. "Found it! There you are!" Inosuke yelled. I cheered. "Good job Inosuke!" I smiled.

~~~~~~

"I'm picking up a powerful vibe from over there!" Inosuke told us. "Way to go, Inosuke!" Tanjiro cheered. "We gotta take care of these guys or we'll not get anywhere." I tried keeping my guard up. "How are we going to do that?" I asked myself.

"Dammit! What a pain in the ass! I'm just gonna demolish them all at once!" Inosuke declared. "You can't do that! There has to be a way! So, let's try to hurt these-" Tanjiro stopped because a corpse was trying to attack him again. Murata blocks the attack by going in front of Tanjiro. "Murata?" Tanjiro stammered. "Leave these guys to me and go on ahead!" The boy insisted. "What kind of talk is that, Mr. Pissed-My-Pants?" Boar boy tilted his head.

"I never pissed my pants, you stupid boar! I wasn't talking to you, so you can just shut up!" Murata yelled. He dodges an attack from the puppet and puts his guard up again. "I know that wasn't my finest moment back there, but I'm a Demon Slayer, too! I'll find a way to hold them off! Now I know I just need to slash the threads, and that these guys can only make the most elementary movements! I'll watch out for the spiders too! These have to be people under even more control closer to the demon! So you three go on!" He explained.

"Thank you! We appreciate this Murata!" I told him and I link my arms and Tanjiro's and Inosuke's arms. I started sprinting away. "Hey, let go of me, dammit!" Inosuke tried to fight off my grip. I wanna pound that guy's face first! Who's he calling 'a stupid boar'? Only Y/N can call me that!" He shouted. "Would you shut up? Just drop it and get out of here!" Murata begged. Tanjiro ran next to me while I dragged Inosuke with me.

He started running on his own and I let go of him. "Dammit! I'm gonna punch that guy if it's the last thing I do!" Inosuke claimed. "Stop talking like that!" Tanjiro lectured. "He called me 'a stupid boar,' okay, Monjiro?" Inosuke explained. "It's 'Tanjiro'!" Tanjiro fired back. "Are we heading the right way?" I asked Inosuke. "My senses never lie! But, what the hell are these annoying threads?" He fiddled with the strings. "That's how close we're getting to the demon!" Tanjiro told us. We stopped running to see another puppet. "Here's another bunch." Inosuke mumbled.

"No. Please don't come any closer. Please summon someone of higher rank! Otherwise, everyone will get killed! Please. Please!" The girl cried. She was so scared. "It will be okay!" I told her. "No! It won't be!" She yelled. She started to swing her sword. "Run!" She told us. "I'm being controlled, so my movements aren't my own at all! I was never this strong!" She explained. Her arms bend backward and eventually, I hear a crack. I cringe at the sight of the girl screaming in pain. She still was able to swing her sword and I made sure she didn't hurt Tanjiro or Inosuke. "P-Please kill me!" I turn to the voice.

I felt my mouth drop. He looked like he was tortured. His aura felt so kind yet so sad. "My arms and legs... The bones are piercing my inner organs! Every time I'm forced to move the pain's intense! I can't take it anymore! Either way, I'll die. So please help me! Please deliver the finishing blow!" He begged.

"Sure you got it!" Inosuke yelled. 'This demon is so cruel...' I thought as I blocked the girls attacks. "Hold up, will you? We gotta find a way to help him!" Tanjiro shouted. "Oh, shut up!" Boar boy swings his swords at the boy. "You really need to shut up!" He added. "But..." Tanjiro mumbled. "He's asking us to kill him, all right?" He gets pushed back to us and I grip my sword tighter. "These guys are speedy too." He mentioned. "If we get caught mapping, we're gonna go down!"