Side Story (Part 8)

Akaashi's pov

W-What does Bokuto mean by that?!

I thought he was a bit slow, so I never knew he would have ever guess that..

"How did you-"

He smiles and says, "I looked it up, I thought you were sick or something so I searched up, 'my friends face turns red when he saw me' and it's says if someone has a crush on you. Blushing I think that's what it says- and I know that words because Kuroo used to ramble on and on about how he made kenken blush!"

"Okay okay I get it now-" I respond...all I have to do if find a way to get the idea that I like him out of his head...

"What if it doesn't mean I'm blushing..." Or better yet... "What if I was blushing at someone or something else.."
I look away to add extra effect.

He didn't say anything.

I look back at him and he was not smiling.
I was sort of startled by seeing as not only was he not smiling, he looked kind of pissed.

"Oh okay- who is 'someone else'?"
He asks.

Oh crap-
I'm going through many thoughts right now and the only thing that's coming to me is that I messed up somehow...
I look away and I start biting my finger nails because I couldn't think of anything...
He found that I lied to him, dammit.. I wouldn't see him one upping me like this in a million years but he did...

Bokuto grabs my hand and takes it from my mouth.

"Don't bite your nails so much...your hands might get damaged Akaashi."

I'm stuck. This man knows now..

"Your really something you know Bokuto. After a year you finally realized huh?"

Bokuto looks at me with a confused look.
"What do you mean?" He says.

"Since you know that I like you. I want you to know for how long.."

I look directly into his eyes.

"I've liked you since I first arrived in Fukurodani...my first year..I've liked you since then..."

✨TBC✨