split custody, actually

Start from the beginning

"Oh, yeah, of course. Anything big?" Ned asked, glancing to the front of the room at Mr. Harrington.

Peter shrugged, "This guy was holding this lady at knifepoint for her purse or something. Stupid really- the woman got away fine though."

Ned nodded, "All in a days work."

"I told you that's not gonna be my catch phrase."

"Well then what is? Spider-Man has been around for over a year, almost two, and he still doesn't have a catch phrase?"

"Well I kinda was thinking of one, but I don't know. Captain America doesn't have a catch phrase."

"Captain America is technically still a war criminal, on parole or not. And he kind of does-"

"Peter, Ned, are you listening?" Mr. Harrington suddenly stopped talking, looking at the two of them.

"Yes sir." Peter nodded, glancing at the clock on the wall.

He was supposed to being heading over to the tower after school. Happy was going to pick him up due to the leg stabbing, but Peter was itching to go swinging through the city just for a little bit.

"Alright then. As I was saying we're very lucky to have this opportunity given to us." Mr. Harrington's smile grew wider.

"Just tell us!"

"We're going on a field trip to tour Stark Tower! And on top of that we're the first ever highschool level establishment to tour the tower!" You could see Mr. Harrington was pleased but the uproar of excited chatter.

Peter just stared forward, mind bulldozing through, 'why do you go to school again? What's the purpose of all this again?'.

Ned, however, was ecstatic, "Dude, this is totally awesome! And like, I know you don't like, really know Tony Stark, but like you talk every now and then, like, he has to at least recognize you if we see him."

So, maybe amidst all the chaos of life Peter had forgotten to updated Ned or MJ on some minor life changes of his, such as living at the Stark Tower on weekends and weekdays when May worked night shift, the progression of his and Tony Stark's relationship, and thus the rest of the avengers relationship with him, and maybe just a few other small things like that...

Peter sighed tiredly, "No, not awesome. We probably won't even see Mr. Stark. And you know Flash is going to be terrible the whole time."

Speaking of the devil.

"Hey Parker?! Excited for the trip- hey, you know what, I bet you put in a good word to the big boss to get us this trip, what since you've got that internship and all?" Flash mocked, weaseling out a grin.

"You aren't funny Flash." MJ looked up from her book momentarily.

+

The field trip was on Friday.

It was Friday.

All was not well in Peters life.

He had tried to squirm his way out of it with May, who had laughed and signed the papers.

He had then tried to squirm out of going to school, even going so far as to mentioning his previously stabbed leg was acting up.

That fact that he didn't even have a scar anymore wasn't a help towards his case.

And now Peter was on a yellow tin can on his way to doom. Or as he called it on the weekends, home.

"Hey Parker- now's the time to fess up, we're pulling into the parking lot." Flash turned around in his seat, grinning, confident that Peter was about to be publicly humiliated for some reason.