Sparky Sparky Boom Man

Start from the beginning

Sokka also shrugged, "hey, all I want is to defeat the Fire Lord. If you think this is the way to do it, then I'm all for it."

"Katara?"

Her gaze was still angry and stern, I felt sweat beads dripping down my face.

"I'll go along with whatever you think is right."

I excitedly exclaimed, "I won't let you down, I promise!"

Once I had gathered my stuff, Sokka took me to the room I'd be staying in, "so, here you go, home sweet home. I guess, you know, for now. Unpack... lunch soon. Uh... welcome aboard?"

I turned around and smiled at him as he muttered, "yeah."

I pulled out a picture of my uncle, there isn't a day that passes that my heart isn't filled with guilt about what I did to him.

I felt a presence in the room and turned to the door where Katara was waiting in the doorway. I stood up and she slowly walked towards me, her voice cold and blunt, "you might have everyone else here buying your 'transformation'. But you and I both know you've struggled with doing the right thing in the past. So let me tell you something right now. You make one step backward, one slip-up, give me one reason to think you might hurt Aang and you won't have to worry about your destiny anymore, because I'll make sure your destiny ends right then and there... permanently."

Then she left.

Y/N's POV
The slam of the barn doors woke me up in the morning, and as I rolled out of my haystack bed, I fell straight over the edge of the higher platform of the barn and slammed into the ground below me, being too tired to have air bent to break my landing.

"Ow..."

"Oh, no, no, no, no! I am so, so sorry, Miss Avatar!"

I rubbed my head, sighing, "it's... alright, my bad."

As I glanced up from the ground, the hand of a young man, maybe a couple of years older than I am, was stretched out. I accepted his help and he pulled me to my feet, "are you hurt? Should I get some medical supplies? - Oh, wow... you're all bleeding down the side of your leg!"

I raised an eyebrow and looked down at my leg, it looked a lot worse than it felt, or maybe I was too tired to process it.

"Can you heal yourself with water bending or do you need me to fix it up for you?"

I shook my head, "I'm not a healer, but don't worry, I can sort it out myself."

He shook his hands in front of him, "no, no, no! Don't worry about it, stay right there! I'll be back in two seconds!"

Before I could even respond, he sprinted out of the doors. He was back a minute or so later with a small box and gestured behind me, "take a seat over there, on the hay"

I complied and he kneeled down in front of me, opening up his box with supplies, he poured something onto some damp cotton and looked up at me apologetically, "this might sting a little, sorry..."

As he gently cleaned my cut, I took a moment to examine him. He had bandages all over him; one on his face, a couple on his arms and a few more on his fingers.

"I see I'm in great hands, looks like you do this kind of thing all the time."

He glanced up at me from where he was dressing my cut, smiling bashfully, "oh, yeah... I get into my fair share of accidents around the farm."

"Do you live here?"

He looked back down at what he was doing and shook his head, "I work here, the owners are good people, pretty much took me in when my dad left to fight in the war, so when I was old enough, I started working for them."

"They seem lovely, is your dad still fighting in the war, then?"

He nodded, "yeah, he writes to me sometimes, though. Hey, how old are you, anyway? Shouldn't you be like a hundred or something?"

"I am, indeed, a-hundred-and-sixteen!"

He chuckled, "really? Wouldn't have guessed, you don't look a day over ninety!"

I raised an eyebrow at him, holding in my own laughter, "ouch! You get trapped in an iceberg for a hundred years, wake up and everyone's lost their manners, youth these days, no respect for their elders!"

He laughed again, looking back up at me as he finished up with my bandaging, "you know, you're funny, avatar. What's your name?"

I held out my hand to shake his, "it's Nora, it's a pleasure to meet you..."

"Lee."

That's the name Zuko used back when we were in Ba Sing Se.

"Lee. And thank you for patching me up, let me help you around the farm!"

"Oh, no, don't worry about it!"

I stood up and pulled him up by the hand I had just shaken, "don't be silly, come on, let's get to work!"