【Chapter 25】

Start from the beginning

Touching Diane's thigh with her hand, (Y/N) grinned up at the giantess, wishing to reassure the sobbing woman. "Don't fret, Diane. We'll be back soon. It won't take long, I promise." Sniffling, Diane wiped away a few stray tears and nodded her head. "Alright, but remember—you promised!" Viewing as the giantess put down her pinky, (Y/N) raised her own pinky and wrapped it around her finger the best she could—which wasn't very much.

"What about us?" Looking over at the familiar voice (Y/N) sweatdropped, her hopes for them remaining in bed and not waking up now vanished. Stepping down the wooden steps, Izuku rubbed away the fatigue from his eyes the best he could, yawning as he stretched his arms out. "I think we should go too, you know—to see if there's anything we can help with." Izuku recommended, this making Denki light up with elation.

"Yeah! We can even find a job-" Yelping in shock as Shinso pulled his cheek, Hitoshi frowned down at the whining highlighter before letting go of his cheek, which Denki kept rubbing in pain. "What he meant to say was; we can help you with getting this... weapon of yours much quicker." Shinso spoke, hands inside his pockets as the same detached expression on his face agitated most of the crewmates.

"Look, we don't need your help-" Standing in front of Ban, (Y/N) punched him in the gut softly, making him double over in pain, though not before mouthing the last words from his sentence to Shinso. "Ban was trying to say that we wouldn't want you getting injured just because you wished to help us, and so, why not stay here where it's most safe?" (Y/N) advised only for the other three to avoid her idea.

"I-I just think that it would be a fruitful idea to test out these... um... p-powers of ours... is all..." Backing away slowly in fear as the other sins scowled at him, Izuku settled behind Shinso while the older male stood his ground and stared back at the others with apathetic eyes before looking back over at (Y/N).

"Wouldn't you all like us out of your hair forever?" Shinso claimed, this arousing a lot of their enthusiasm while (Y/N) became fixed, uncertain by what he was going with this. Regarding their hushed reactions, Shinso smirked, contented with the results.

"Well, then why not let us instruct ourselves how to fight and how to endure in the normal world, and once we understand, we will be away from you forever. No more Shinso, or Midoriya, or Kaminari—just all five of you, and (Y/N)." Deliberately including (Y/N) last, Shinso watched as their impassive expressions changed of one of consideration, and then bashfulness.

'Whatever those psychos are thinking, it musn't be good... but whatever, it's not like whatever they're thinking about, will actually come true.' As his thoughts ended, all five of them seem to nod together in approval.

"Fine," Glancing over at the mild Shinso with a burning and doubtful glare, Meliodas frowned upon seeing his face. "all three of you will come with us and take part in the Fighting Festival—under one condition." Humming in response, Shinso nodded his head.

"Go on. What is your condition?"

"All three of you must make it to the final round."

Upon hearing his request, Shinso looked behind him and to the others as they nodded their heads in compliance, a bit hesitantly, might I add.

Turning his attention back over to look at the small midget captain, Shinso bent his head. "We've all agreed on your condition, Sir Meliodas."

Perceiving a sense of pride come over her senses, (Y/N) recognized that it was coming from her Master Meliodas. 'Master probably felt satisfaction in hearing Shinso call him "Sir". It seems like Shinso knows a thing or two about flattery.' Staring back over at Shinso, (Y/N) studied his body language only to find no signs of vulnerability in his posture, eyes, or movements—everything was admirably relaxed about that boy.