Chapter four -Limp

Chapter 4 limp

My body went limp. What were they hearing for? Why so late? Was it for me? My mind was racing. My sisters came running down the stairs. Hannah was crying. I was worried. Why was she crying? Did she do something wrong? Is she in trouble? Elizabeth started sobbing then.

"Elizabeth, take your sisters to your room." My mother's voice was cracking, and she was crying too. She opened the door right as I left the room.

"Elizabeth, what is going on? Why are they here? Why is everyone crying?" I cried. I had no idea why I was crying. But when my mother cries something is wrong. The strongest person in the world was weeping. I prayed. Then I remembered something the men said, the IDF. What is that?

"Hannah, what does IDF mean?'' I asked.

Through the tears Hannah looked in my eyes. A look I will never forget. I did not know what the IDF meant but I knew it was bad. Hannah's eyes looked as if they were here to take the house away. Or take my mother away. Then a thought went through my mind. Why weren't Isaac and Matthew here?

"Where is Isaac"? I cried "and Mathew" When I said those words my sisters fell to the ground. My heart skipped a beat. Something is wrong. Really wrong. Elizabeth Took a grip of herself and told me to sit down. I listened of course because I did not know anything.

"Kayla, there is something that we have not told you yet." Elizabeth cried. I could barely understand her through her tears. Hannah still laid on the ground weeping. "There is a war going on with Russia and Sweden." She cried and I was confused. I did not understand. If the war was going on so far away from us, why were we worried about it. Elizabeth tried to continue but was sobbing harder.

"Kayla, you don't understand, do you?" She cried. I shook my head. But my heart was starting to hurt.

"Just tell me," I begged. Just as I said that Hannah stopped crying for a moment. Elizabeth listened. I heard footsteps. I panicked, my first thought was it was those men coming to grab me and kill me. I thought of only one thing I could do. I prayed. God please if you are real, please hear me. I need you. I'm so scared something is terribly wrong. Something is wrong and I don't know what. I am so scared. The footsteps were coming closer. And closer. Hannah seemed to stop crying until she thought who was coming, because she started sobbing again. I thought long and hard about why she would be crying so hard. I looked around the room. As Elizabeth was laying on the bed shaking and crying. Hannah on the floor sobbing. And me what was wrong, what was happening I thought. The footsteps grew closer until Isaac showed up at the door. And Mathew was next to him. Isaac went to Elizabeth on the bed. Finally, I thought they would tell me what was going on. But I thought I should let them deal with my sisters first. Mathew went to Hannah. And just hugged her. And Isaac to Elizabeth and just sat next to her hugging her. I crawled over to Isaac because I looked at his eyes. He was crying too. And so was Matthew. At that moment all the feelings I had earlier were gone. If my older brothers were crying, then something was really wrong.

"Isaac what is going on? Please tell me I'm scared." I begged. Isaac looked into my eyes. Elizabeth sat up. She looked at Isaac too.

"I tried to tell her. I tried." she said, turning into Isaac.

"Kayla, there is a war going on in Russia and Sweden." Mathew replied.

"I know that, but why is everyone crying because of that? They are far enough away so they can't hurt us or so I thought.

"Kayla, they are far away from us, but they are still close enough that they could come into Israel. And Israel wants to be prepared." Isaac said. I was still confused. It seemed a little scary that war could come to us. But that was not that likely, it was more likely that they needed us to fight with them.

"Mathew, what does IDF Mean? When those guys came to the door that is what they said." I asked.

"IDF stands for Israel Defense Forces, which is Israel's army." Mathew stated. Why would they be coming to our door? I did not understand, but somehow, I knew that I did not want to understand.

Hey guys thank you guys so much for following me. I appreciate it so much. If yall have any feedback or anything yall want to talk about feel free to message me whenever or comment. Hope yall like our book. I am back at school now so I will try and post at least once a week! But this month is very busy so I will try my best! 

Please if yall have time make sure to check out The Crown I am currently writing it and would yall's feedback on a fantasy story. 

hope yall have a great week!!!

Brokenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें