Tᕼᖇᗴᗴ | 3

Start from the beginning

"What's up?"

"I want to help. I know I said I wanted nothing to do with this mafia stuff after what happened to her mother and the crazy shit with Kenta, but I can't just sit around and do nothing. I know a little about the Yamaguchi Mafia, and he is nothing like Kenta or your father was. Shino will do things to get your attention but will look for you to strike before him. In other words, he wants you to do the killing of innocents to make Japan turn against you in return. Or he is seeking something from you," Kemi said. Hiro nodded, pointing to the seat in front of him for Akemi to sit.

"I saw that when he blew up my buildings. The man made sure no one was inside before doing so. That is why I strike back with taking all of his money. He is like that now, but I feel he will change, and it won't be pretty. I know why you don't want to help me, Kemi. I am not your cousin nor my father. I don't know how many times I will have to say this before you understand me. I think and strategize before acting. I like to watch my enemies' moves and look for the best ways to bring them down. I know you, and I are the same... so talk to me. What do you think I should do next?"

"Sir, I'm not your adviser...."

"You are now," Takahiro said, watching Mar as she came into the room looking upset. He figured that her grandfather had told her of his sickness. Hiro hated he knew before her, and it was only because he was there when Xerxes gave him the news. Takahiro knew how much that man meant to this family and didn't know how they would come from it when he passed.

"I... I... I don't know what to say."

"A thank you would be fine. You can take your leave now, Akemi. I need to speak to my husband." Mar said as he bows, leaving the room but not before thanking Takahiro.

"What's wrong, Ōjo?"

"My Opa is dying. I know what you are going to say. It's the way of life, and I know that everyone cannot live forever. I-I don't know. I just thought he had a lot of life left in him." She said as he beckoned for her to come over to him. Quickly she did, dropping into his lap hugging him tight.

"Opa is strong. I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon. I say let's enjoy the time we have left with him than thinking about what is going to happen."

"You knew! Didn't you?!" Kamaria yelled, making him sigh. Maybe he should have chosen a different set of wording. Takahiro didn't want her to know that he knew before she did.

"Ōjo...."

"Don't fucking Ōjo me, Hiro! You knew and didn't say shit to me! He is my fucking grandfather, not yours! NOT FUCKING YOURS!"

"Baby...."

"NO... NO... NO! Hate you right now! How can you know something like this and just keep it from me? Don't fucking talk to me!" She yelled, picking up their son stomping from the room. The only thing Takahiro could do was sigh as Takara, Josiah, and one of Reece's daughters touched his leg.

"It's okay, Uncle Hiro. We love you," Caleigh said, making him smile.

*

*

*

"Mar!" Xerxes yelled, running up behind his angry sister. She looked back and hissed as she kept going as if he didn't say a damn word. Kamaria didn't have time for Xerxes or any of her brothers what she couldn't believe that her Opa had told Takahiro about his health problems before her.

"Leave me the fuck alone, Xerxes!"

"Opa is resting! You don't need to upset him. I know he told you what was going on...."