"My boyfriend? No, only Rosalie and Emmett, and Jasper and Alice are together. Edward and I have no romantic feelings for each other," Theo let out a small sigh of relief. "Do you, um, find it weird? That there's some couples between my adopted siblings?" Rosemary let out in a small voice.

"Well, it is unusual, but you're not blood related so... It is nice that they have found each other in this context," Theo shrugged, closing his locker and turning around to face the small girl. He wished he didn't have another class right now, so he could have stayed with her. The young blond man was startled by a new presence beside him. 

"Hi," Edward flashed his sister's mate a large smile. "I'm Edward Cullen," He offered Theo his hand.

"Theo Forge," The human smiled back, still surprised by his apparition. "Nice to meet you Edward," They shook hands before Theodore noticed he was almost late for his class. "I have to go, but I guess I'll see you... later?" He really didn't want to leave Rosemary's side, but he couldn't ditch a class on the first day. 

"Of course, have a nice class," Rosemary smiled, following Theo's form with her eyes as he left the hallway. It was only when he was out of sight that the dark-haired vampire turned her head towards her brother. "Don't tell me you listened to us," She pleaded her brother, who smirked.

"Sorry, your class was near mine and listening to my little sister and her mate is much more interesting than listening to those teenagers who are staring at us at every chance they have," Edward's smirk only widened when Rosemary sent him a deadpanned look. "And I have to say, your little moment back there was adorable," The bronze-haired vampire wrapped an arm around her shoulder, laughing when she slapped his chest, and led her away to the library. 

In his English class, Theodore couldn't help but stare at his hand in wonder. Edward had the same cold skin. What are the odds that he had the same condition than Rosemary? He tried to concentrate on his lesson for the next hour, he could worry later. 

The first day of school was finally over. He joined his friends group that was waiting for their ride. He was disappointed to see Angela was already gone, he would have liked to talk to her about what happened with Rosemary. He needed to get it out of his chest. But he surely wouldn't talk about it to Lauren or Mike. He didn't want the sneaky remark of the girl nor the envious look of his blond friend because he spoke with the girl he spotted. He was happy to see Mike's mother Karen arrived to get them home. 

"Hey boys, how was your first day?" The woman smiled warmly as her son started to tell her everything that had happened to him. She didn't insist on Theo's case as she knew he was more reserved. In front of his house, the Forge teenager thanked the older woman and got out, walking slowly to the front door as he was still deep in thoughts. It was only when he entered and took out his coat that he noticed his dad was already there, sitting in the living room and watching TV. 

"Hey kiddo, get yourself ready, we're going to the diner and I want to know everything about your day," Waylon squeezed his son's shoulder and went upstairs to do the same. Fifteen minutes later, they were seated in the diner, waiting for their order to arrive.

"Nothing much happened dad, it was a normal and boring first day," Theo took a sip of his water, wanting to hide the blush that was covering his face as he thought of Rosemary Cullen. When Waylon was going to ask more, his son quickly asked, "Where is Charlie?" It was unusual for Charlie Swan to be late at diner. Charlie was one of his dad's best friends and the police chief. They had known each other for more than twenty years and not a week passed without the two of them seeing each other. Charlie joined them sometimes as the man was often at the diner, since he was not a good cook.