Chapter 9 Goodbye

I woke up and I noticed diego was already awake. He was not only awake, but he was also packing. This made me drown in all of my thoughts. He turned around and was surprised to find me awake. Diego smiled and said, "morning!" I slightly smiled. I knew that he was leaving, and I knew I shouldn't have even gotten myself into this situation, but it all happened so quickly. I was happy that I ran into diego, but I was also disappointed that it had to end all so quickly. My thoughts were interrupted by Diego saying, "hey it will be alright" I guess he could read my thoughts. When he was finished packing Diego turned to me and said, "I wanted to wake you up early so we could have a couple more hours together" I nodded to his idea. He then walked to the door motioning me to follow him. Curios I asked, "so what are we going to be doing?" He turned back to me and said, "It's a surprise" I shook my head and grinned. I guess I'll find out when we get there. I was a little worried, because he brought his suit case with him. Then his whole family got into the car. This made me worry even more. Where are we going? Maybe diego didn't tell me so I wouldn't have to worry, but I still am. He then held my hand while we were in the car, trying to reassure me. I look at him and smile and he returned it with his beautiful smile. Once the car stopped I looked outside to see our surroundings. We were at an airport and I was trying to hold back tears. I look at diego for an explanation. His expression seemed to be drowning with sorrow. I knew we both felt sad that we wouldn't be seeing each other ever again, but I honestly didn't want to think about that now. Even though the time for him to leave was so close. When we entered into the airport I asked diego, "hey, you hungry?" He shook his head. "I'm too sad to eat" he said. I wanted to cheer him up so I walked to the nearest souvenir shop and looked inside. I saw a little T-Rex stuffed animal. It was perfect, so I bought it and walked towards Diego. When I returned to Diego I held the stuffed toy behind my back and said with a gleeful tone "guess what I've got?". Diego looked up and seem to be slightly amused and curious on what I was trying to pull off. "What?" He asked with a slight smile on the corner of his mouth. I then held out the little stuffed dinosaur and said, "here" with a smile. Diego then looked at the stuffed animal and laughed. When I gave him the toy he looked at it then looked back up at me and said with a genuine tone, "thanks, I'll keep it safe with me." This made me smile, and after that had happened we both ordered Starbucks and sat down and started discussing our situation. I huffed "So what are we going to do?" I asked. Diego shook his head and shrugged. I guess he still didn't want to think about it. I looked down at the Palm of my hands. When will he talk about this, and when will he talk about what's going to happen? I started to drown in my thoughts and it was getting to the point to where I was on the verge of tears, but it was all interrupted when Diego touched my hands. I looked up knowing I had teary eyes. He said with a calm and sweet tone, "I'm sorry I'm not talking much about this. I just want you to stay with me" I then saw him shed a single tear and at that moment this made me realize that ever since this morning he didn't want to bring up the subject, because he didn't want me to see him cry. Then everything was interrupted by the guy who yelled out "salted caramel for diego and a double chocolate chip for morgan!" I then went to go grab our drinks. When I returned I could see that he was burying all of his emotions. I didn't like it when he did that, because I could tell it was eating him up. So in order for Diego to not have his emotions eat him up. I've decided to distract him in the meantime. Surprisingly we found an arcade center and played some games.

~two hours later~

We played pac-man, space invaders, street fighters and a lot of other old school games. When I looked at him it finally looked like Diego forgot what our problems were. Then all of that was drained when the intercom said, "Flight for Colorado Springs now boarding" this made me sick to my stomach. Diego and I both looked at each other and exchanged looks. We walked slowly to his luggage not wanting to face what was coming. I looked at Diego wanting to hold back the tears and it looked like he was trying to do the same. I started to hug him as tight as I could and he did the same back. No! I don't want this to happen. I don't want this to be another one of those stupid love movies or love stories. His family was then motioning for him to follow them to board the plane. I had to let go and when I looked up, Diego had a slight smile trying to cheer me up and gave me a kiss goodbye. Then he gave the flight attendant his ticket and was walking towards the plane. I watch him walk off. He then turned around a mouthed the words "I love you" and I could see that he had teary eyes and I also mouthed the words "I love you too." I then watched him turn back around and kept walking. I watched as his plane left the airport. That was it. Diego was gone. Just like that.

A/N~ hey readers sorry it's been a while since I've updated! My school work almost always gets in the way. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and stay beautiful :3