ten

Liam drove quietly, obviously deep in thought as I sat there, face flushed with embarrassment that my husband has two kids before me and I never knew, and eyes red from crying.

Why does he gotta go and ruin stuff for him, for us. He never had a problem with family till now that he needs to support two other kids, one born in the same year as ours and the other from 9 years back.

I'm scared, I feel like those years of me being happy that he's probed he can be trusted all gone down to the drain. Would've been fine if it was one but two. Two. Not to mention he had slept with Lisa during our engagement and with Nicole when we were married and expecting.

It's so painful. All the trust i built for him, all knocked over. I should've known. I'm scared of what will happen now. Will we settle this? Will we call quits? What about the kids?

We stayed quiet as we entered my parents house, the kids busy playing with their gifts. "Ach, Finley! Come on, have some food." My dad waved at me.

Liam gave them a small smile as we both sat down and eat lunch awfully quiet.

Mum must've noticed, she always notices the smallest things. "Is everything alright?" she asked me. I nod, but she didn't believe me.
"Not right now mum." I mumbled just so me and she can hear.

as soon as we finished the plates Liam had gone out to play with the kids in the snow, leaving me and my parents.

"I don't know what to do mum." I looked up at her. I felt my lips quiver as I held tears back, "Finley," My mum gave me a sad look before hugging me.

"What's he done?" My dad sighed, I just shake my head. I still can't accept what Liam has done and I can't bring myself to even say what he's done so I just sobbed into my mums arms mumbling, "I don't know."

It was painful. Those 10 years all gone just like that. I honestly don't know what to do. I feel so embarrassed, so miserable.

I'm so disappointed, why would he do that? Every feeling i've ever felt towards Liam are now just blurred questions, as every sweetest move he's done i'm now doubting.

What has life come?

——

Liam still didn't talk, neither did I. I couldn't bring myself to try and fix something that wasn't my doing. And he seemed to be still processing that he has two kids from different mothers.

The triplets were suspicious of our distance, but they didn't seem to care, it is Christmas and all they cared for was playing and running around. But they can't play and run forever, no matter how much Lennon fought he managed to fall asleep just like Layla and Winston.

Liam says he'll tuck them, probably the only time he'll speak to me before everything between us goes quiet once more.

I can't even look at him. The kids are asleep and mum and dad had gone and gave us some space.

We just sat there, his eyes observing my expression but I didn't look at him. Only looked straight, my eyes wandering the picture frames on top of the fireplace.

"Finley, I'm sorry." He said. I didn't budge, just bit my lip as I feel my eyes get glossy. "I didn't know." he says.

It was another tense silence, I was still refusing and he was still thinking.

"Are you gonna say something?" he raised his voice a little, I still didn't budge, just felt a tear run down.

"I don't need this." He sighed getting up, leaving the house. I stayed there in silence after I hear his car start up, and I guessed he had went for a ride.

That's when I broke down again, for the third time today. I feel all sorts of emotions, and I hated every bit of those emotions. My heart ached and it was the most painful feeling ever. It was like i'm being suffocated. I couldn't breathe.