“Thanks,” I smiled softly, I had always liked Molly and though she wasn’t overly gorgeous or had the nicest body, she was good for Shane. Shane just couldn’t seem to see it.

“Come see me after, my shift is over in about ten minutes.” Her returning smile was as bright as always.

“Yes ma’am.” I chuckled as I turned to walk over to the back room. To someone else it may look like Molly was flirting with me, but she was honestly just a nice person. She acted as the big sister I'd never had, even if she was a human sometimes I wish she had been.

The booming music, flashing lights, and shaking walls suddenly stopped once the door to the employee’s only area closed. The room was sound proof, since the manager was a neurotic freak when it came to music playing when he was working in the back office.

“Hey Shane,” I walked over to the broad linebacker I called a brother. He looked dead on the couch, which after a ten hour shift I could imagine he was.

Shane cracked open one eye, making the bags under his eyes even more noticeable. “Eh Chris, what brings you here on this fine... morning?”

“It’s barely three in the morning, bro, it’s more night than morning at this point.”

“It’s only three? I still have another two hours in this hell hole?” Shane groaned, and rubbed his faces with his hands, “Someone kill me.”

I grabbed the glass of water in front of Shane and threw it at him. The water splashed around his face, and his eyes nearly jump from his skull.

“What the fuck, Chris!” He growls, actually looking ready to kill me instead of the other way around.

I feel the smirk form on my lips, and I tried to control the laughter building up to break free seeing Shane’s face red with anger and hair sticking up like a fucking cockatoo.“You’re awake now though aren’t you?”

Shane frowned, and grumbled something I couldn’t understand, but I still managed to hear a few unpleasant words joined with my name. He just doesn’t like it when I'm right.

“Listen, I'm actually here to tell you I'm going back to see him this weekend.” I muttered slowly, trying to gauge Shane’s reaction before murdered me.

“You’re what?”

I swallowed a lump that had formed in my throat, Shane moved forward in his seat and I could see the years between us grow. He was still bigger than me, no matter how much I worked out. “I'm going to see him.”

“You selfish, good for nothing, little fuck.” Shane scoffed, standing up and pushing my body until I fell back into one of the chairs. “You listen to me, I didn’t fucking go back to save your ass just for you to decide it’s cool for you to have a visit with good old dad.”

“I don’t want to see him, jackass, but I need to see mom.” My voice nearly broke near the end. “I have questions to ask her, and just check on her...”

Shane ground his teeth, and cracked his knuckles in frustration. “You can’t, you know that.”

“Well I can’t stay here.” I snapped, grinding my teeth together as well.

Shane’s broad stature hovered over me and let out a growl, too low for any humans to hear in the room. “I don’t give a shit; you are not going to see him, so I suggest you get the hell out of here.”

I stood up and roughly brushed my shoulder past Shane and walked out of the room without bothering to say where I was going or what I was doing. As soon as I left the backroom I saw Molly standing over by the staff exit. The light from the sign illuminated her hair to a brighter shade of red, making her look younger than usual.