homework

i laid on shay's bed, my laptop open, the light shining from it dimly. i typed up a storm, trying to get my homework done. i checked my phone, the time reading 2:33 a.m.

i sighed deeply as i continued typing. the words turning into meaningless letters as i didn't care to put any work into it. i just wanted to finish it so i could go to bed.

even after the holiday break, my teachers piled so much work onto us. i grabbed my phone checking snap map to see who was active. i did this often to check if i was the only one up, in fear that i'd be the only one exhausted and running on zero sleep tomorrow.

i saw that it was just me and another kid awake. the rest said "active 2 hrs ago" etc. i zoomed in on shay and i's bitmojis. hers saying "active 4 hrs ago."

she was lucky she got sleep. she's been sleeping forever, and she still has 4 hours of sleep left until she has to wake up. i rolled over onto my back, ignoring the work on my computer that was due at 11:59 p.m.

"y/n?" a quiet voice asked.

i lifted my head to see shay with her eyes slightly opened.

"sorry did i wake you up?" i asked.

"you kicked me. but it's fine, why are you up?" she asked.

"sorry. but anyways, i'm doing homework." i sighed.

"still?" she asked as she lifted her body up and moved over closer to me.

"yup." i said.

i laid my head back down, her knees touching mine, her upper body started to hover over me. she leaned her face down to my lips and gave me a quick kiss. she then grinned at me and then patted my thigh.

"hurry up and go to bed." she said.

i groaned as i playful nudged her with my foot and turned my body back over. i typed in a couple more words before closing my laptop.

"you're not gonna finish?" she asked.

"no." i said.

"have fun with a zero." she teased as she flicked my forehead.

i swatted her hand away as she climbed back into her spot under the blankets.

"come here." she said as she patted the spot next to her.

i laid down next to her grabbing my laptop and placing it on the floor next to me. i wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me.

her lips were on my head as she drifted back off to sleep, i felt a small smile on her lips as she did so. soon, i fell asleep too. just to wake up 4 hours later.