late nights

shay was driving. i was in the passenger seat, my hand out the window. the time read 2:34 a.m. my eyes were heavy, fluttering closed every now and then. i fought the urge to let them close.

"if you're tired then go to sleep baby." shay giggled.

i answered with a groan.

"we're almost home anyways." she chuckled.

i turned my head around and grinned at her.

"what?" she asked.

"you're actually breaking the rules for once." i said.

"what do you mean?"

"you're not supposed to be driving at night."

"well it's morning."

"well you're not supposed to be driving in the dark."

"oh whatever, there's lights."

i chuckled and i looked back out the window, seeing the california mountains. on shay's side, she saw the beach.

the sound of waves crashing onto shore could be heard from a distance. and finally, my eyes closed.

soon i was woken up to the sound of the door slamming shut. and my door opening. my eyes opened slightly, as shay unbuckled me and picked me up, i wrapped my legs around her waist.

she brought me into the house and to her bed. i kicked my shoes off and cuddled into her pillows. my eyes shutting again.

shay climbed in next to me and pulled me into her arms, kissing my head.

"night sleepy head." she whispered.

"night bitch." i mumbled, before feeling her finger flick my forehead.

well deserved.