Lock your door

I was alone at the hostel and All of the girls went to their home to enjoy summer holidays.But I couldn't as my parents went to my brother's house in US.

But me being all covered in blankets at 2am.Listening to my mom On call telling me horror stories as I cannot sleep was nothing less than home or summer holidays.

This is life.

I nuzzled more into my blanket and listened to my mother's soft voice.Her story being anything but soft.

A few years ago,My mother started.

There was a security man of an apartment.When he used to make rounds of the flats late at night, he used to knock at the doors of people to check if their doors are locked.

3 urgent and loud knocks

Then if the door was open,

2 soft knocks.

And then he would push the door open to warn the people inside to lock the door.

This creeped out the people living in there.But nonetheless they would lock the door

One day,when he knocked and went inside to warn the flatmates,it happened to be the flat of a new girl in the apartment who didn't knew about his habit.She screamed and lashed at him for barging in just like that.

The very next day when the girl informed all the people of apartment,they gathered to talk to the guard.They too were done with his antics by now.

They all lashed out at him and few were ready to beat him up.

"What gives you the right to enter the house of others?"

"What if we left our door open? Aren't you here to guard us?"

"If you do your job proper enough!We don't have to worry about our open doors!"

"What will even happen if we didn't lock the door?"

The gaurd didn't reply to anyone.He didn't try to defend himself.

The next morning he wasn't at his station.

The people noticed but didn't paid any attention.

Untill

They found the same new girl from previous night,lying on her bed.

Eyes and mouth wide open.

A slit on her throat.

A slit on both of her wrists.

A slit on both of her ankles.

And a note sitting neatly beside the bedside table.

"This could happen if you don't lock your doors!"

Later on they found similar type of murder cases in the area.

Slit on throat,wrists and ankles

A note beside the dead bodies.

"Lock your door!"

But they couldn't find the guard.

I smiled when she finished the story.

Good night mom.

Good night baby.

I closed my eyes feeling content and then I heard something.

Three loud knocks

Then two soft ones.

This is my first attempt at horror oneshot.I hope you guys like it.Please like and comment if you do.