"No." The girl appeared shocked at his answer but continued anyway.

"I...I think that it's best if you do pyeha." At that, his jaw clenched and soon left the gawking and prying curious eyes. Fury licked his neck taking in Jae-hwa as she laid on the table. Legs wide open, she left nothing to be covered and at a clearing of the throat, lifted her head.

"Oh....Cheol-su-ah..." Cheeks growing pink, she slowly closed her legs and lifted to sit on the edge of the bed. His gaze was empty, eyes not paying much attention to her naked body as she stood, helped into a clean pair of dari-sokgot. Eyes fell to her stomach which showed no change. He slid his eyes away from her as the remaining sok-got was placed on her and they began to help close and fashion her hanbok.

"What is the verdict?" He asked, voice quiet and low. The midwife came forward, hands pressed against her stomach. She bowed her head before him.

"After the examination we performed, it is clear to us that she is indeed with child." The news made him stiff and he clenched his fists.

"How far along is she?"

"It is yet too early to tell but from her reporting vomiting in the early morning and fatigue it can be deduced that she is approximately around 4 to 6 weeks."

"Four to six weeks..." He repeated, eyes finding her.

"Yes pyeha."

"How funny. Just under a month ago we were fighting the hardest battle of our lives and yet you've...miraculously conceived."

"You must not remember the few nights I happened by your chamber pyeha. You were intoxicated." His lips sneered to reply but with a deep breath, he relaxed his mouth. His hands... everything.

"Thank you for the report."

"Of course pyeha." Turning on his heel, he left the smiling woman behind in favor of the library. He had a massive headache already and only books...only quiet would soothe it all.

***

"She's with child." That brought a halt to her movements and she swallowed thickly.

"Is that so?"

"Yes. I heard it from one of the girls who examined her."

"I see."

"Tiye-"

"It's not his." She spoke matter-of-factly, resuming her folding. It was so quiet that she could hear Hae swallow.

"You are aware that they...had relations before yes?"

"Yes. Just as I am aware that since Cheol-su and I stepped foot back into this country the only woman who has taken him to bed every night has been me." Hae reached for her hand, pausing her folding of his silks.

"Forgive my prying. It is not my intention to upset you. Nor is it to doubt him." Smiling, she tightened her grip on her hand.

"You could never upset me." Breathing a sigh of relief, the older woman pressed a kiss to her brow.

"You're a strong woman. A beautiful and strong woman Tiye." She let go of her hand and soon left her in silence and quiet. Her hands began to fold once more. The stillness of the room captured one word.. spoken softly and yet spoken with such viciousness.