"I still don't like it."

"Neither do I." A comfortable silence ensued between the two.

"Tiye?"

"Hm?"

"When are you going to give me a niece or nephew?" At that question, her head shot up and her entire face grew the loveliest shade of red.

"Yi Hae!" The woman grinned.

"I trust by now you have lessened using the sponge." She fixed her mouth to negate it but her dark red cheeks confirmed it.

"It's a good thing. Let him have his way."

"If I did, I'd have had several children by now."

"And is that such a bad thing dearest one?"

"Well, what of you hm? When are you going to settle down with Yooshik? When shall I expect children?" Hae laughed, her own cheeks a delightful pink.

"What a dream."

"You speak as if it is so unattainable. You are not old by any means Hae." The woman's smile faded only slightly.

"Until our country is at peace again... I cannot under any circumstances even think of children. Or a family." The tone of her voice drew a more serious look on Tiye's face. Once more the women held hands.

"Lady Tiye." Their eyes turned to a man who stood by at a respectful distance. Dressed as a servant, he bowed his head low.

"What is it Kija?"

"Prince Cheol-su requests your presence." At that, she sat up and looked down into the grinning face of Hae.

"What are you grinning about?"

"Go and give him your presence dear friend. It must be of grave importance." Laughing at the hand that hit her lightly, she bit her lip in a smile as her friend got up and went as requested. Once she had left, the smile came down altogether. Nothing about this two-month period had sat right with her. The silence was both deafening and alarming. It wasn't the Mongol way....they almost always attacked soon after the first time... their strategy to pray on the nation while it was still weak and wounded.

The fact that they hadn't made a move yet made her stomach turn. Sighing, she closed her eyes once more and awaited the soon-to-come medical attendant. She'd been all healed up from her wounds sooner than later and she hoped that the next time the Mongols attacked, she'd make it out of this alive again.

***

When she entered his chambers, she was surprised to see he was not alone. The whole royal family sat there in his sitting room, cups of tea and small sweets and dishes there at their convenience.

"Welcome, Tiye." Seo Jun drawled, eyes humored as they drifted down her being.

"Your Majesties." Bowing, she remained so until the voice of her husband bid her to stand.

"Come. Sit." He beckoned with a gentle smile and equally gentle eyes. As much as the sight of him melted the heart within her, the feeling of distrust rose up into the back of her mouth. Slowly, she sat beside him, hands pressed against her lap as Cheol-su poured her some tea.

"Now that we're all here, I suppose we can get started with the meeting." She remained quiet, eyes on every face as they spoke.

"I'm pleased to announce that in a month's time Cheol su will have a ceremony." There on his father.