Path of the Villain Issue 4 - Paint it Red

Chaos inflicted the streets. The midnight hour was close at hand, and my new world was just off the cuff of the horizon. Watching the city burn bright, I sat on the rooftop a smile a dozen. "I was wondering when you would turn up."

"My King, have you come to your senses?" The Red String Jester quipped on his knees.

"Jester, I can call you Jester, right?"

"You can call me whatever you wish, my Lord."

Standing up, I turned to the mad Jester, arms crossed. "What do you mean to come to my senses?"

"Well, have you taken over that boy's body yet? The prophecy foretold it. 500 years later, and a boy will be chosen gifted with the first quirk, and the Mad King will rise again."

Glancing at the red string wrapped around my body, I smirked, putting the pieces together. "I understand now. So even my own flesh and blood, my own mind looked to betray me. I was beginning to wonder why the voice had been oh so relatively quiet. I suppose I finally beat it. However, I'm not the man you were hoping for, old Jester, old pal. We can be so much more; this world has betrayed me. I think it's time we return the favour. Are you with me?"

"Of course, of course, my lord. I am your humble servant."

Mr Compass flies down, bowing. "We're ready for you, Y/N."

"Marvelous. Let's put on a show for everybody then, shall we?" Jumping to my feet, I turned around with a goofy smile on my face as a giant explosion went off behind me. Stepping back, I fell off the side of the building, never feeling more alive.

****

The streets were even more of a wonder up close as panic arose. Looting and killing all around as common thugs and others took the news of All Might's death rather broadly. A clone of Dabi appeared, walking beside me. "We've gathered as many quirk users and forced them all into the centre of the square. We're just awaiting your arrival."

"Excellent, and the pros?"

"Far too preoccupied with everything going on. But sources have suggested Hawks has been spotted cleaning up the common thugs not too far from here."

"The number three, no number two pro, huh? Interesting. If he gets too close to the location, point in the direction of me. I'd love to get his autograph."

"Sure. I'll see you there." He replied, the clone fizzling out. Hoping in the air, I began walking backwards, dancing to myself. The pure chaos was getting me in a dancing mood. It was nearly unbearable.

Turning the corner, more explosions went off as I smirked faintly to see even the local Yakuza was out painting the town red putting down the thugs. One, in particular, struck me as he wore what looked similar to a plague doctor's mask and white gloves. Strolling over with a small skip, they saw me coming looking weary. A few wouldn't even wait to fire on me without a second thought. But still, I kept walking towards them as the guns and bullets all vanished, appearing behind me, falling to the floor. "I thought the Yakuza had a bit more class. Shoot first, ask questions later doesn't sound like them."

"There are so many capable men... and all they can think to do is rob a convenience store? Yet you are different. Who are you?" The leader echoed.

"Didn't you hear? I'm the new leader of the League of Villains. Y/N L/N."

"Hey boss, that's the kid. The one on the news who killed All Might."

"You can throw in All For One too. Oh, and Jeff with the knife down the street. But hey, who's counting?"

"So now what? You kill the number one pro and start a riot? Shouldn't someone like you have bigger goals?"

Folding my arms, I waved my hand around, sighing. "This was a knock-on effect of killing the big man himself. Trust me, something so petty as robbing the local 7-11 means nothing to me. I'm moving on a plan much bigger. You look like a bunch of thugs who can smash a few heads together interested?"