Path of the Hero Issue 5 - No Such Thing as a Hero

"It's fine; why? For I am here!"

Tears began to stream down my face as I reached out. "All Might, Midoriya... Everyone, you came."

Before Arcuz, my friends and allies came. All Might, Midoriya, Bakugo and Todoroki. My cries for help weren't for nothing. "We won't let you hurt our friend anymore!"

"Your rein is over evil overlord."

"Yeah, so just die already!"

"𝕀 𝕤𝕖𝕖, 𝕤𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕘𝕠𝕥 𝕒 𝕗𝕖𝕨 𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕤 𝕦𝕡 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟? 𝕌𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕛𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕠𝕖𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕕𝕞𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕠 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙. 𝕀𝕥 𝕨𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙, 𝕀'𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕝𝕝! 𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕞𝕖 𝕐/ℕ 𝕒𝕤 𝕀 𝕘𝕠 𝕓𝕖𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕡𝕝𝕦𝕤 𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕣𝕒."

The Red String pulled me back, holding me up in its webbing. My head hung low. I watched helplessly as my hopes and dreams fought for me. Jumping down from his throne, Arcuz smirked, leaning forward tearing the sword. His quirk made him from the ground. "𝕀𝕗 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕝𝕦𝕔𝕜 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕕𝕠𝕦𝕓𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕐/ℕ, 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕕𝕠 𝕤𝕠. 𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕠𝕟 𝕒𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕠-𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕠𝕖𝕤 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕠𝕟𝕖."

All Might was the first to rush in, thrusting his fist forward yelling. "Detroit smash!" Arcuz's quirk piled together, creating a barrier from his hand, negating the attack into nothing. "I'll be taking back my student now, villain!"

"𝕆𝕙 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕄𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕒 𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕔 𝕠𝕗 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕝𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕪 𝕕𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕘𝕖. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕥𝕦𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕟𝕠 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕣!" Retracting the barrier, the attack was sent back, forcing All Might into the darkness. Midoriya and Bakugo came simultaneously, trailing around Arcuz, waiting for the moment to strike.

Neither pushed in as Todoroki swung his hand up with an open palm sending out a massive cluster of ice forming into an iceberg, freezing Arcuz on the spot. Midoriya and Bakugo rushed in, with Bakugo spinning in the air, screaming, letting off a heavy explosion. "Die."

Midoriya came from above, slamming down with his foot using a combined attack to halt the villain in his place. However, the ice shattered and Arcuz freed himself, gripping Bakugo by the throat and Midoriya mid-swing slamming him to the ground. With both heroes in training knocked back, Todoroki stepped back, holding his arm forward, sending off a concentrated blitz of fire scorching the area around him. All I could do was watch as Arcuz was smugly beating the competition; he was in a completely different league of his own. That quirk was unnatural... I kept trying to break free, but with each movement, the red string tightened, my bones becoming brittle ready to snap at any moment.

"Carolina smash!" All Might yelled, slashing at Arcuz, blocked just as quickly. However, to his surprise, All Might quickly stop his attack, grabbing Arcuz by his robe and slamming him to the ground. Before he could stand back up, All Might spun him around faster and faster before a tornado was formed from the force at work. Arcuz was sent flying back, which Midoriya worked off punching him in the back, making him smash into his throne, shattered the disgusting thing in a single attack.