Path of the Hero Issue 3 - At All Ends

Start from the beginning

"Just peachy. Where the hell are the pros?" I mutter, landing back on my feet and curling my hand around.

"Don't think that will save you!" Mr Compass laughed, falling above us marbles in hand. Then, throwing my fist into an uppercut, he was sent flying back as Midoriya, and I were back to back, ready to take the world on. "I've got the left side. You take the right."

"Got it." Midoriya agreed as Toga and Twice both attacked at the same time. I bent over as Midoriya hopped over my back, kicking the clone of Twice away, destroying it. I threw serval air bullets at Toga, blasting the clone of her away. Any other stragglers were picked off by Kamaniari chaining off each other thanks to the rain. Backed into a corner, we kept fighting, taking down clone after clone, each one wearing us down bit by bit. "We can't keep this up forever."

Punching Twice, I shouted, ducking under a barrage of knives. "I'm well aware of that. If we take down Twice, his clones stop! I have an idea!"

"I'm all ears!"

"The real Twice must be hiding somewhere around here. I'll launch you into the air. Find him and take him out, will ya?!" Midoriya agreed as I quickly kneeled, throwing him up and launching him further with a blast of wind. Now by myself, Shigaraki came in for the kill. Quickly reacting, I leapt back, avoiding the fatal touch. Unfortunately, being close and personal with the villain was less than ideal. I couldn't land a single attack for fear of being struck by his decay, leaving me with few options. Trying to escape, I was smothered in burning flames, keeping me grounded as I threw off my coat. Shigaraki again lunged at me, swinging his arm. Hoping on the spot, I let off a roundhouse kick building up momentum enough to push him back. Shigaraki was a one-trick pony. If I keep him at a distance, there's nothing he can do. 

"I'm so glad you betrayed us. I wanted to do this for a long time." Shigaraki smirked, looking around at the chaos. "No one coming to save you? I wonder why that is?"

Every time Shigaraki tried moving, I would counter-throwing as many punches as possible, halting his tracks. That was until Dabi let off another blast of fire. Forced to roll backwards, Shigraki leapt through the fire, swinging both arms down. Quickly holding his wrists, I was on one knee, stopping him from killing me right there and then. "This is between you and me, Shigaraki! Leave the innocent people out of this!"

"Spoken like a true hero. How low you've fallen. What's the matter of not using your real quirk? Does the Red String Butcher want to come out and play?" He cackles, pressing further in, almost touching me. Falling backwards, I pushed my feet up, kicking him back as we were distant. I tried throwing a heavy blast of air only for Mr Compass to fly down, creating a barrier from his entrapment, reflecting the attack and sending me flying into the buildings behind. Crashing into the fifth floor, I began coughing, holding my stomach in pain limping.

"𝔾𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖. 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕒𝕪!"

"Shut up! I won't. I won't let you!" I scream, stumbling into the corridor and catching my breath. "This is my body. My life! You won't have any say in that.

The voice laughed, pinning me against the wall seeing the figure in the corner of my eye. His presence grew stronger. "𝔹𝕦𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕒𝕜. ℙ𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕔, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕕𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕥𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦. 𝔸𝕔𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕨 𝕗𝕒𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣. 𝕋𝕠𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕪 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕦𝕝 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕. 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕒𝕪."