A note on copyright infringement.

So I was on Wattpad and I got a notification that my story (The Paper Kingdom) was added to someone's reading list. I thought, cool, someone likes my work enough to let other people know they're reading it. Then I go and check what else is on there. In case you're not familiar, a reading list is basically a folder that someone posts publicly that has stories they're enjoying in it.

There was another book titled The Paper Kingdom--two, actually--so I was curious to check them out. The first was a Frerard that I had no interest in, but the second was a whole lot like my story. In fact, the description was word for word the description on the MCR fanfiction website, save the fact that Jessie's name was changed to Roux. Whoever it was had published my entire work under their name, only changing a minute detail to make it theirs.

I am beyond upset. To do something like that is not only morally wrong, but also illegal. You did not ask me for permission to post it anywhere and did not credit my name. This is my original, copyrighted work. The real The Paper Kingdom on Wattpad is by me, altoclef52 (on the fanfic website my username is gerweird.). The user who posted it is moderndaygerard.

@Moderndaygerard, I have sent you a message asking you to take it down. If you do not, I will report your Wattpad account and I will take The Paper Kingdom off of the MCR fanfiction website and Wattpad. I don't want to have to do that but I will if necessary. What you're doing is wrong, and it's not fair to me or anyone else reading the story. You can enjoy it all you want--under my name where I publish it and by those terms only.

I will not be updating until it is down.

I greatly apologize to everyone else for this inconvenience. Copyright infringement is a sickeningly common problem for fanfiction writers, and I hate to put you through this.

Much love to all of you who have supported me,
gerweird/Cady