𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐎𝐍𝐄⬎

━━━━ It is truly a shame that Apollo makes drunk mistakes. It always seems like they're completely functional and normal, but only if you knew them you would understand how much influence they were under. 

"So buddy, as I was saying, he just made the guy who sells deathsticks go home and rethink his life. What an asshole. That guy was my trusted deathsticks guy. Sold 'em for a wicked price."

So before the beginning of the war, they sat in a bar, drunk out of their minds. Some cheap fool came up to them, said that they would give Apollo a bag of credits if they made an Unbreakable Vow to him. Apollo, being the cheap humanoid they are, agreed instantly. The bar tender was their officiator. Only when they woke up clutching a sack of credits did they finally realize what a shit show they signed up for. 

"Ah fuck."

There came a note. On flimsi, written in scrawny and rushed handwriting - 

ˢʰᵒʷ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁿᵒᵗᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᴷᵃᵐⁱⁿᵒᵃⁿˢ. ᵀʰᵉʸ ʷⁱˡˡ ˡᵉᵃᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵒ ᴼᵐᵉᵍᵃ. ᴼᵐᵉᵍᵃ ⁱˢ ᵐʸ ᵈᵃᵘᵍʰᵗᵉʳ, ᵃⁿᵈ ⁱᶠ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉⁿˢ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ, ᴵ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ᵉˡˢᵉ ⁱˢ ʷᵃᵗᶜʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ʰᵉʳ. ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵐᵃᵈᵉ ᵃⁿ ᵁⁿᵇʳᵉᵃᵏᵃᵇˡᵉ ⱽᵒʷ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱⁿ ᵉˣᶜʰᵃⁿᵍᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ᵃ ᵇᵃᵍ ᵒᶠ ᶜʳᵉᵈⁱᵗˢ. ᴵᶠ ᴼᵐᵉᵍᵃ ᵈⁱᵉˢ, ⁱᵗ ᵖʳᵉˢᵘᵐᵉˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵛᵒʷ ʷᵃˢ ᵇʳᵒᵏᵉⁿ, ᵃⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘ'ˡˡ ᵈⁱᵉ ᵗᵒ. ᴵ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ˢʰᵉ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ˢᵃᶠᵉ. ᵀʰᵃⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘ.

When did Apollo even agree to this. This all seemed too stupid, man! What idiot goes up to a random stranger in a bar and decides to put his daughters faith in them!? 

(Apparently this man did his research and spied on Apollo. Apollo still feels like he's being watched.)

 They thought that they could get away with it at the end. They visited the girl, blah, blah, blah. It wasn't much. The girl was a baby.

"How do I even hold her-?"

They enlisted in the army not a week later, right after leaving Omega on Kamino. What harm could come to her while she's still there, right? Apollo is a trained medic, and was shipped off with a battalion. 

The 501st. 

And listen, none of this would even be a problem, at all. Like, Apollo could have vibed like this for a year longer if no one was actually dying. But guess what? This exact predicament has spiraled out of control and into a panic attack. 

Fives freaked out when Apollo suddenly couldn't stop breathing after he said that Kamino was under attack and they were heading there right now. He thought some Sith thing must be going on so he commed General Skywalker.

"General, don't panic... but King can't breath. It might be a Sith thing."

"Stay right there Fives." Anakin said. But he easily recognized the affects of the panic attack. He talked down Apollo, and then finally, slowly as to show emotion that the council would probably forbid, held Apollo in a hug. Just to give Apollo and anchor to pull themself back to reality. 

Nice a slowly, Apollo's breathing got under control. As soon as Anakin felt the steady rise and fall of their chest, he pulled back. 

"Alright, what was that, King?" Anakin asked, looking Apollo dead in the eyes. 

(If you're wondering where the nickname came from- 

"Fives stay still, no, stop moving dammit."

"Yes my lord."

"Don't think I don't see you moving Hardcase. Ass on the bed till I get to you."

"Yes, my liege."

"Oh not you too, Hardcase-"

"Do not fret my King for I shall-"

"Oh shut up Jesse."

"I got it! King! Your new nickname."

"That's perfect Echo!"

"STAY STILL, FIVES!"

"...Yes, my king.")

"I..." Apollo stuttered, regaining his breathing. They scrunched their eyes shut. "I made a mistake."

"Elaborate on that please," Anakin replied sarcastically.

"I made an Unbreakable Vow to protect a female clone and if she dies, I die too."

"I'm sorry... what?"

Suddenly all the emotions cam flooding back. All the dumb mistakes of the past seemed monumental now. "It was why I was on Kamino when they shipped out the 501st! I made a stupid drunk mistake. The point is, I thought I could just... leave her there. No harm was ever going to come to her while she was there. And now Kamino is under attack, and you know that if she dies, I break my vow, and I die."

"You're not gonna die now King," Anakin put his hands on Apollo's shoulders, keeping them looking in Anakin's eyes. "We're heading out to Kamino right now. You'll be able to get to her and keep her safe. I know you're not used to being the trooper, but you can do this. Get her on board, and we can... figure something out."

"Right. Not like raising a baby in an active war is difficult or anything."

"A baby?"

"Maybe she's walking around by now..."

"It'll be fine..." Anakin tried to convince himself. "What's one more girl to us?"

Apollo nodded, going back professional. "Thank you, General. I needed some sense knocked into me."

"Good thing Fives called before you knocked yourself out, am I right?" 

"Oh god," Apollo rubbed their temple. "I still need to treat him-- where is Fives anyway?"

━━━━

There was another clone, Tup, taking Apollo down towards where Omega was being kept. 

"Civilians aren't allowed past this point."

"Apollo Devece. It's me. I'm here for Omega."

"Before we might have let you take her, but... after the death of the clone donor, Jango Fett, she is the last exact replicate of Jango's DNA. We cannot let you take her."

"Take her eggs." Apollo said, before cringing back mentally. "Take a pint of blood, and use the DNA in that, or... perform a hysterectomy. Take the DNA, leave her."

The long neck considered it for a moment. "Yes, that will suffice."

Apollo asked after a moment of silence, "Can you do it now?" 

"Yes, right this way," she replied.

A few hours passed, with Tup wavering at every sound of explosion from above. But in the end, the kaminoan, Nala Se, wrapped up toddler Omega and handed her off to Apollo, along with patches of bacta.

"Do not tell anyone of what happened."

"Same to you."