𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐓𝐖𝐎⬎

━━━━ "Is that her?" Anakin asked, leaning over the bed to look at sleeping Omega. 

"You better believe it is," Apollo answered. "How many men?"

"Much less," Anakin answered. "Not to many injuries in this one either. I suppose we got lucky. I talked to the council... they, they didn't like the circumstances."

"They want me to leave the 501st?"

"Yeah," Anakin confirmed. "But Obi-Wan and I convinced them. Sure, Omega will be raised in the action of war for her childhood, but we can make sure she doesn't die. Besides, it'll help us keep a closer watch on her. Wouldn't want you to drop dead in the middle of a battle."

"Thank you for this, General," Apollo replied. "I... I truly am in your debt now."

"Consider us even King," Anakin responded. "You keep our men alive, we keep you alive."

Apollo only responded with a smile. 

━━━━

"She's very small," Ahsoka said quietly, holding Omega while Apollo was treating some troopers. "And she's a clone?"

"That's right. Direct replicate," Apollo answered. 

"She's blonde like Rex," Ahsoka continued. "I wonder if its a mutation... So you're the reason why King is so stressed all the time? Hey... I'm Ahsoka." 

Apollo glanced over from their work after hearing the change in Ahsoka's octaves. Ahsoka was holding Omega at a small distance from her chest, looking her dead in the eyes and speaking with a higher voice.

"That's King over there. They're like... like your guardian angel." Ahsoka continued, turning around to point at King, who gave a small wave. "You'll have to stay out of trouble, alright?"

"Nala?" Omega asked. "Whele Nala?"

"Nala?" Ahsoka repeated. "She's... she's... not here. You'll be sticking with us from now on. The 501st. You have hundreds of brothers here. And you got me and skyguy!"

"Skyguy? Who Skyguy?"

"Well he's my Jedi Master. I'm his padawan. That means he trains me to use the force until I become a knight, like him." Ahsoka and Omega talked for a long time... well as long as you could to keep a toddler engaged. Anakin came over, keeping a small staring contest with Omega. 

"So you're the big trouble, huh?" Anakin asked, keeping his eyes narrowed at her. But Omega wasn't giving up either. 

She blew a raspberries at him. He picked her up, holding her at eyes level, before his lips twitched up, and he stuck out his tongue in return. 

Fives played games with Omega while Apollo finished up the last of the injuries, even giving her some ration bars, and could retire for the night. 

"Thank you, Fives," Apollo nodded, taking Omega back. 

"Just playing with my sister, King," Fives smiled, waving bye and Apollo and Omega walked back to Apollo's quarters. It was modified now, with a small hammock above a crib. Omega was set down in the hammock as Apollo went to the fresher. 

"Well, Omega, it's time for bed," Apollo said, unsure of how to proceed. Omega seemed to understand the words, and pick up the blanket, pulling it over herself. 

"Night night, King," Omega said, yawning. 

Apollo smiled in spite of themself. "Night night, Omega."

━━━━

Omega grew up quickly, walking around, talking about everything in sight. She always knew not to ask about missing brothers. But she wasn't ready for Ahsoka. 

"Ahsoka, where's Ahsoka?" Omega kept asking. 

Anakin was.. dark. His face kept passing over into darkness when he zoned out. The search for her continued. 

"She'll be with us soon, Omega," Apollo answered. "I'm going to hand you off to Rex for a while, okay? I have somethings to do."

A few hours passed, and after loosing their hand to Barriss, Apollo returned handless and with a very guilty Padawan next to them.  

"She's the culprit!" Apollo burst through, holding Barriss single-handedly. Anakin stepped forward. "She's admitted to the crime."

"Is this true, Barriss?" Windu asked. 

"I did it. because I've come to realize, what many of people in the republic, have come to realize, that the Jedi are the ones responsible for this war! That we've so lost our way. That we have become villains in this conflict, that we are the ones that should be put on trial, all of us! And my attack on the temple was an attack on what the Jedi have become: An army fighting for the dark side, fallen from the light that we once held so dear. This republic is failing! It's only a matter of time!" Barriss tried to explain her logic. No matter how much she might be right, she costed innocent lives. 

"Barriss is telling the truth, I sense," Yoda agreed. "Innocent, Ahsoka is."

"Take her away," Plo Koon said, waving his hand toward the gaurds. As they approached Barriss, Apollo gave a harsh shove with their one hand, and watched as they dragged Barriss away. 

"Oh thank Force," Ahsoka whispered, kneeling down in the emotion breakdown. 

"Thank you, King," Anakin replied, as Ahsoka's pedestal lowered back down. 

And instead of bowing, or nodding, or some other heavily concealed version of gratitude, Ahsoka threw that out the window and ran to hug both Anakin and Apollo, as heavily as she could. "Thank you."

"I'm not letting go of you that easy," Anakin replied. "I always trusted you, Snips."

"You really can't get rid of me that easily," Apollo said. "Never going to give you up Ahsoka."