6. Kinley and Kenzie Together

Start from the beginning

"Oh thank goodness! I thought I lost her. You seem to have a shadow Riker. Which you'll need to be careful about. You'll have to make sure you know where she is at all times." I nodded then heard noises and voices coming from the foyer. Voices that could only belong to my family. When Kinley heard them she ran over to Michelle and hid behind her legs. Whereas Kenzie ran over to me and hid behind mine. I picked her up, set her on my hip and whispered to her, "Don't worry Kenz it's just my mom, dad, brothers and sister. They're really nice I think you'll like them." She still kept her face hidden in my shoulder as they walked into the room.

"Hi mom! How are you doing?" I tried to start a conversation so that Kinley and Kenzie wouldn't be as scared or shy.

"Pretty good. Thank-you." she answered not catching on so I just moved on.

"Well guys this is my social worker Michelle. Michelle this is my family. My mom Stormie. My dad Mark. My sister Rydel and brothers Rocky, Ross, and Ryland. Then that is our best friend and band mate Ellington Ratliff." She shook all of their hands except my mom's cause she pulled her into a hug and they all exchanged greetings. While that was going on I noticed that Kinley had moved from behind Michelle to behind me. She was also tugging on my shirt and quietly pleading up. So I bent down and picked her up as well. After I positioned her properly on my hip. I walked over to where their cups were and they both picked them up and started drinking. Since they are distracted I decided to introduce them to everyone.

"So guys. This here in my right arm is Kinley and over here in my left arm is Kenzie." I whispered to them quietly "can you say hi?" they just shoved their faces back into my shoulder. So I tried a different approach. "can you wave hi?" With this they took their empty hand and waved to my family. Kenzie started wiggling and I knew she wanted down to go play with the LEGO again. "Kenzie what do you say?" she signed and said please at the same time so I put her on the ground and she went over to the LEGO, sat down on the floor and put her cup gently beside her. "Kinley do you want to go play with your dolls?" I asked? She shook her head no and also said "no thank-you" in her soft little voice while nestling her head back into the crook of my neck.

My brothers went to Kenzie on the floor and started playing LEGO with her. Although every once in awhile she would look at me for approval which I gave her. My mom on the other hand came over to me and Kinley as did Michelle. We all talked for awhile and my brothers played with Kenzie. Then Kinley noticed Rydel playing with the dolls and she wanted to go play too. She said her pleases and I let her down and she went over to play with Rydel and the dolls.

"Well Riker I think you'd be the perfect father for Kinley and Kenzie. I could see you getting full custody sooner than the 6 months it normally takes. They trust you so much already and that's not normal for their age. I look forward to handing them over to you on Thursday. but for now we better be going we've already stayed longer than the normal amount of allotted time."

"Thank-you so much Michelle! Thank-you for everything. For continuously putting them back into my match pile even though I would reject them every time. They're now everything for me. I look forward to seeing you on Thursday! I'll say goodbye to the twins now." I walked over to Kinley and Kenzie and told that it was time to go with Miss. Michelle and that I would see them very soon. What they did made my heart break. They started crying because they had to leave me. I told them to come with me and that I'd put their shoes on and not to worry because I'd see them very soon. I put their shoes on and Michelle took their tiny hands and lead them out to the car. She struggled putting Kenzie in her car seat because she was screaming and reaching out for me. It was so hard to watch. As Michelle was struggling to put Kenz in Kinley came running to me to hold her. I picked her up to take her back out to the car and put her in her seat but she had a death grip on my neck. When I was able to calm her down enough to put her in her seat she started screaming again when I set her down. Michelle came over to help me after getting Kenzie finally in her seat. I backed away and watched Michelle wrestle Kinley into her car seat. When she finally got her all buckled up she turned to me and said "you've had quite the impact on them Mr. Lynch. Out of all the families I've tried to place them with since they've been born they've never once reacted like this. They truly do love you already even if they don't realize it themselves. Now I shall see you on Thursday when I come to drop them off for your 6 month trial period."

"Oh right about that. My band was wondering if it was possible to go on a small tour with them only on weekends and we would only go as far North as Washington and far East as Utah and Arizona. If not we totally understand and we'll stay around the Los Angeles area."

"I'm not sure Riker. That would be up to the judge and if he lets you it would only be after my first return visit. So in about 2 months. I can see what I can do but I wouldn't count on it."

"Ok thank-you Michelle. See you on Thursday I'm looking forward to it." I said with a smile and she got into her car and we waved goodbye before driving off down the road with my almost daughters in tow. 2 days. 2 days away till they're mine. Till they get to stay with me.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! How's it going!! So today I'm going to ask for 3 votes and 3 comments! Only cause I know you guys are amazing and you can do it! Thank you for your support on this book it's been amazing and I love you all so much!!

Until next time,
Adica