[6]

(A/N: Sorry for the late update, hope guys you enjoy this chapter. By the way you have clothes in your mindscape. Don't ask me how, this is what your wearing^)

------------------------------------------------------------

"Should we... go back to the place where we met that man yesterday?" Arjen asked. Arien was silent for a moment but finally said "...Okay"

'Arjen must be bothered by that man too. For someone who likes to sleep in, in the mornings doing this...' Arien thought.

They opened the door as they peeked outside 'The maids and knights should be guarding this place... will we be able to leave without getting caught?' Arien asked.

But as they looked around they saw that there was no one in sight. 'Such an easy escape is a good thing but... is it okay for security to be this lax?' Arien questioned in her head while looking around.

"Was it this way?" Arjen asked "I think so" Arien replied. I felt the presence of a few people coming our way so I pulled Arien and Arjen in my arms and jumped onto the tree nearby.

"A few people are coming this way!" I informed through the mind link as we listened to what the nobles below were saying "Ah~ This is so annoying." The one in the middle said.

'Nobles...?' Arien questioned in her head why they were here this early "I can't believe we're having an emergency meeting at the break of dawn." the one on the left said.

"I know right?!" the middle one exclaimed as the one on the right sighed "Drastically raising the budget for Syviolla castle, it's all to feed and clothe those illegitimate children right?" he said.

"?!" we were surprised to find out that they were talking about us 'Ah, this is part where we'll be badmouthed by these... nobles. I better brace myself' I thought.

"I don't understand why those illegitimate children were taken in... an emperor's illegitimate child is an embarrassment to the empire. Their also mixed with commoner's blood so they can't even undergo a manifestation. I can't believe that people like them are part of the imperial family" they complained.

As I heard them say those remarks Arien and Arjen's grip on my clothes tightened and my face darkened, if this wasn't the imperial palace and Arien and Arjen were here they would've long been either dead or injured.

"The neighboring countries are saying that they bring the emperor to shame" the one with green hair said "Even low-class nobles thoroughly hide their illegitimate children but the emperor, of all people decides to do this... Tsk tsk." another said.

'Why do we... have to hear these kinds of words again?' Arien thought, trembling in her sister's embrace as the voice of Rurahel's overlapped the noble's.

"Those worthless illegitimate children-"

"You worthless children- "

"They're better off dead."

"Are better off dead!"

'STOP!!!' Arien shouted in her mind desperately 'We... we weren't born because we wanted to...' "What did you say?" an unfamiliar voice asked.

We looked at the direction of the voice and heard the noble's gasp before saying "Y-Your Highness!!" with panicked faces.

He looked at them sharply "W-We greet Your Highness, the Crown Prince...!!" they said hurriedly as they bowed.

'The Crown Prince...?!' Arien and Arjen exclaimed in their heads " 'The illegitimate children are better off dead'... "

"I wanted to ask if I heard that correctly. Can you repeat what you just said?" he asked as the nobles were silent.