"I need your help."

Elliot whirled around to see none other than Damon Salvatore. Her jaw slightly dropped. Was he asking her for help?!

She coughed, "I'm sorry. What?!"

"I'm not going to repeat myself."

"Then I'm afraid I have no clue what you are talking about." Elliot shrugged her shoulders, taking a sip of her latte from her to-go mug.

"Fine." He huffed. "I need you to help."

"That doesn't sound like I have an option in whether I have a choice in the matter, which makes me not want to help you at all. Hell, my trigger finger is feeling a little twitching."

"But you don't have a gun on you."

Elliot rolled her eyes as she continued walking, leaving the vampire to catch up with her. "I have a dagger on me and besides, it's in a metaphorical sense rather than a literal one; however, I do wish I had a gun with wooden bullets on hand at the moment."

"Okay. Okay. No need for hostility."

"I have every right to be hostile. Last time I saw you, you kidnapped me and I sustained multiple injuries because of it." She tossed her empty coffee cup in a nearby trash can.

"And last I saw you, you killed me." Damon hissed at her, getting worked up quickly. The brunette may look small and adorable but she was surely annoying as hell.

"It was self defense."

"Whatever." Damon then switched the subject. "By the way, what the hell is an Executioner?"

"I thought you wanted my help, not to involve me in an interrogation."

"You haven't agreed to help me." Damon pointed out.

"And I never agreed to being questioned either." She rebutted, stopping and glaring up at the vampire. With each passing moment that went by, she was losing every chance to want to help the man. She didn't even know why he would want her help. Why her out of all people?

"God! How can something so small be annoying?!"

"Legos are small and they are annoying when you step on them. Chihuahuas are also tiny and also annoying. Cacti are small and annoying. There are countless things that are small and annoying."

"Are you calling yourself a Lego?"

"No, but you sure are a blockhead."

Damon scoffed, offended. "Do the insults come naturally?"

"No, I practice them every single day in front of the mirror when I do my hair."

"Actually?"

Elliot blinked, slowly at the man. Was he really that dense to believe everything that she said to him? "Are you kidding me? Are you that gullible?"

"So you don't practice in front of the mirror every day?"

"Definitely not." Elliot sighed. "Now can you please shut up and tell me what you want my help with?"

Damon looked shocked as he stared down at the feisty brunette. "You're going to help me?"

"Tell me what you want from me first. Then I will decide whether it or you is worth my time. Because frankly, my patience is dwindling rather quickly."

"There is a serial killer in Mystic Falls." Elliot's interest peaked. "And I was hoping that you may be able to help."

"Why not go to the police station? You know, get help from the Sheriff, who is coincidentally your friend."