twelve ✗ can't be afraid of shadows

Start from the beginning

"He'll have to wait. More cops are coming."

The two of them and an unconscious Vladimir found their way to an abandoned building. As Matt put Vladimir down onto the ground, the Russian stirred, coughing up blood once again.

"Don't move. You've been shot."

When Vladimir muttered something bitter and snarky in Russian, Theresa let out a bored sigh. She kneeled down next to Vladimir as she spoke,

"Угрожать ему по-английски. Я не хочу переводить."

Vladimir seemed surprised for a moment as Theresa stood back up and stepped away. Then he tore his gaze away to glare at Matt and he spat in seething, heavily-accented English,

"I'm going to kill you for taking my brother's head."

"You've got the wrong guy. I don't kill people. Not even scumbags like you who deserve it."

"You dropped Semyon off the roof. Put him in a coma."

"Yeah, but he was still breathing, wasn't he?"

Matt's voice had a dark tone and sounded almost unfamiliar to her.

"Your mask. I found it and what was left of my brother."

"It's a piece of fabric, Vladimir. Could be purchased and planted by just about anyone," Theresa said, shaking her head slightly.

"You're being played by Fisk. He's the one who blew your operation to shit."

"The man you work for," Vladimir accused harshly, blood dripping from his lips. Theresa couldn't help but roll her eyes again.

"He's dumber than he looks."

"Fisk is playing games, trying to put you in the ground. I'm not. Choose a side."

"I choose my own."

"That's a joke. You haven't owned yourselves since Nikolai Volkov got put away."

Vladimir tilted his head, looking at her with a frown. He didn't have a response because he knew that she was right.

"So what do you two want?"

"Fisk on trial. For everything he's done."

"Then you're fools."

"Yeah. And you're bleeding out, so here we are."

"And if I believe you and tell you what I know, what do I get out of it?"

"Payback."

"I have a counterproposal." Vladimir paused, his seriousness shifting into a ferociousness. "Suck my dick."

Vladimir promptly passes out and Matt leaned down at his side, trying to shake him awake.

"He's charming," Theresa remarked.

"Make sure his guts don't fall out. I need to make a call."

"Is this really the time?"

"Someone with more medical knowledge than us."

Matt made a call to someone named Claire who was clearly a part of the medical field. A part of Theresa wanted to ask questions about Claire but one, this was not the time, and two, she didn't really have grounds to ask those kinds of questions (considering that the feelings that she was feeling was reserved for people in actual relationships).

After Matt had dealt with sealing Vladimir's wound, he hung up the phone, putting it into his pocket. Vladimir had drifted out of consciousness again. Then Matt lifted his head, whispering a single word to Theresa,