𝟬𝟬𝟲. the almost kiss

En başından başla

"Mason —" Freya went to go place a hand on the boy's shoulder, and Mason suddenly dropped Drew and quickly turned to face Freya.

Her eyes widened as she noticed a faint yellow glowing in his eyes that disappeared once he saw Freya. The entire hallway was quiet as Mason looked around, all eyes on him. The boy looked back at Drew then back at Freya, "Your whole family is so weird." He spat, picking his backpack up from the ground, and stormed off through the crowded hallway.

Freya had a look of pure confusion on her face as she watched the boy disappear into the sea of people, and everyone seemed to explode back into chatter about what just happened. She turned to look at her brother who's eyes moved to meet with his sisters, Freya couldn't even think of anything to say to Drew, so she just rolled her eyes at him and turned around to walk off.

As she walked back over to her locker, she noticed Gwen was now gone and Maia was still standing there. Freya walked up to Maia who held a small piece of paper in her hands, "What happened?" Maia questioned.

"His eyes, they were glowing like.. yellow." Freya furrowed her eyebrows.

"You don't think.." Maia trailed off, suggesting that Mason fell victim to an experiment by Freya's parents.

Freya shrugged her shoulders, "It had to have been my parents. I don't know what their goal is, are they trying to create some sort of super squad or something?" Freya asked Maia, making sure her voice was low so that no one would be able to question what they were talking about.

"Well, whatever they did to him, he seems to be angry about it.. and angry is never good." Maia frowned, looking slightly up at Freya.

"Also," Maia then said, "When a cute girl gives you her address and tells you to just show up, does that mean she's flirting with you?" The dark-haired pondered, holding up the card in her hands to show Freya, indicating that it was from Gwen.

Freya smiled at the sight of the card and then at Maia, "I think it means she's flirting with you." She reassured the other who smiled at Freya's words.

Maia was quick to notice the change in Freya's expression at the sudden topic of flirting and relationships. The two girls began walking down the hall, and Maia contemplated on even mentioning what she was thinking about, but she still ended up opening her mouth and speaking about what she's noticed.

"Are you upset because Peter hasn't asked you out?"

Freya stopped moving abruptly and turned to look at the dark-haired girl, both of them having wide eyes, Freya's being from the question and Maia's wide eyes being from the fact she asked the question in the first place.

"What are you.. what are you talking about?" Freya nervously answered.

Freya always thought she did a good job hiding her feelings for Peter, but she was starting to doubt it now that Maia mentioned it. And if Freya can't even hide the fact that she's in love with her best friend, how is she supposed to hide the fact that's she's Black Cat?

"Freya, I get you two are best friends or whatever, but it's so obvious you like him and that he likes you." Maia explained to her.

Freya just furrowed her eyebrows as a response, still trying to pass off that she wasn't in love with Peter, even though Freya knew Maia knew. There was no point in even trying to hide it from Maia now. A sigh left Freya's lips as her eyes scanned the many faces of the hall, trying to make sure Peter wouldn't sneak up on her while she was about to confess everything to Maia.