𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝟺, 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙰

Start from the beginning

After loads of persuading from Clay's part, Grace finds herself at the school gymnasium to watch this years basketball game with Clay. Grace has never been into sports. She was way to awkward and uncoordinated for them but seeing as Justin was playing, made her turn up.

Grace noticed Clay has been glaring at Zach all day in school since hearing his tape and ever since they arrived at the gym.

Zach and Justin both spot them, clearly feeling on edge due to the twins never bothering to attend a basketball game before. Grace gives them an awkward smile while Clay harshly stares back at them. Grace, getting annoyed at his behaviour, pushes him forward slightly to start walking to the bleachers. She doesn't want anything bad to happen tonight.

"Clay, Grace." Courtney interrupts their journey in her own snobbish way as she clutches her clipboard to her chest. "What are you doing here?"

"Are we not allowed to be here, Courtney?" Grace replies with, innocently. "We are apart of this school community after all."

"It's a basketball game. We're here to show some school spirit." Clay adds on bluntly with no expression on his face.

"That's great. I'm glad you're, you know... feeling better." She smiles falsely, nudging Clay in the shoulder playfully, as if their argument that occurred the day before didn't even happen.

"Hey." Marcus greets awkwardly as he joins the conversation, Grace whines at the sight of him. "What the fuck are you doing here, guys? What's your play now?"

They don't even have time to answer because Tyler runs up to them, camera in his hands as usual. "Hey, guys. Can I get a picture?"

"We're gonna skip this, but thank you, Tyler." Grace responds politely before dragging her brother away from them by the arm, groaning. "God, they are all so annoying."

But Clay isn't listening as he stares at Zach and Justin, who are waiting for the game to start. Feeling eyes on them, the two boys turn as they get in position and stare back cruelly at him.

Clay begins walking forward, the whistle blowing loudly breaks him out of his trance. "Hey, skinny kid, get off the court!" Coach Patrick screams, making him back away quickly.

Clay and Grace sit down on the bleachers and watch the start of the game. Not even fifteen minutes into it and Zach has earned multiple points for Liberty.

"Hey, guys." Grace hears from next to her. She turns her head to see Tyler placing himself down beside her and Clay.

"Go away, Tyler." Clay snaps, earning a slap in the back of the head off of his sister.

"You know, I get that a lot." Tyler replies and grabs out his card. "Especially lately. But today I'm on... official yearbook business."

"Glad to know you're not spying on anyone today, Tyler." Grace can't help but blurt out. It was clear to everyone that she still didn't forgive him even if she did get some sort of revenge. "Im curious to why you're even talking to us after what we did." Grace then pauses, looking down, "What I did."

"Because I want to see what you're gonna do next." He admits while continuing to take pictures of the game. "Clay really messed Courtney up. Not as much as you did to me."