Even with all that he'd done, he couldn't access everything on the kid's phone, just a few things. He could see the name listed on the phone: Peter Parker.

After his research, it showed that Peter Parker was an orphan from Michigan who died in a fire while at work in a library. So how was this kid texting him?

It was a little suspicious, to say the least, but it wasn't enough to do anything yet. There could've been plenty of reasons why Peter's name was on his phone. Whose ever phone this was could've known Peter at some point. It could've been Peter's phone and he gave it to this kid, it could even be a different Peter Parker!

With a sigh, Tony sat back in his chair. Despite barely knowing him, Tony was a little worried for the kid. He'd be worried for any kid that was very clearly struggling and had no help.

But he couldn't do anything to help and that's what killed him. He couldn't track him down. There were countless reasons he couldn't, the most obvious being that Peter would probably run away or stop talking to him if he did.

It was too risky, and it left him with no options other than the slim hope that Peter applied for the internship. Yet even if he did, his name might not even be Peter; he was just assuming it was as of right now.

All he could do was wait. Wait and hope.

Peter's POV

After school, Peter got to go to Ned's house for a sleepover. Well, he actually had to get his backpack first to get some necessities, but then he got to go over.

It was actually nice. Not only did he get to hang out with Ned, but he got to shower, sleep indoors, and get pizza! He hadn't gotten fresh food since he was kicked out. He didn't go on patrol, but that was fine. New York would be okay without him for one night, even if he felt guilty about it.

The next day, Ned's mom drove them both to school, and he thanked her before hopping out.

While he walked into school, he accidentally bumped into Flash. "Watch it, nerd." Just like his first day of school had been. Flash turned around to face him.

"Look who it is, Ben!" he started with fake enthusiasm, "what should I make fun of today? How much of a loser you are, or how broke you are?"

Peter rolled his eyes, and he and Ned walked away. Flash was always rude to him, but never actually did anything, so Peter didn't bother with him.

MJ wasn't there that day, which made lunch somewhat boring and made his last class suck. At least after school, he got to hang out with Ned for a bit. Soon enough though, Ned had to go home and Peter went on patrol.

It started out pretty average, but he soon got to a robbery that changed that.

He looked down from the vents to see three robbers, and with guns, and a group of hostages. Who decides to rob a bank in broad daylight anyway?

With a plan in mind, Peter dropped out of the vents, quickly webbing two guys up. He webbed one guy's arms to his body and webbed his feet to the floor, and the other, he webbed to the wall and webbed his gun towards him.

That's when things went wrong though. As he webbed the gun and pulled it towards him, it went off and the bullet went towards the hostages. It seemed like it was in slow motion that the bullet flew towards them and pierced a girl's arm.

She screamed out, clutching her arm. Peter stood there in shock for only a second before jumping back into action.

With new, sudden anger, Peter ran towards the third guy, jumping up to kick him in the face. He fell to the ground, where Peter webbed him up and quickly ran over to the girl.