Chapter Twenty One

"Okay, start from the beginning." 

Emily and Fallon were currently sitting on the couch in Emily's living room. Both of them had a wine glass in hand, and blankets covering their laps. It was April twenty second, and Fallon was too scared to be home by herself, for fear that if she did, she'd be murdered. 

Emily and Aaron had noticed how paranoid she was on their case, and Emily asked if she wanted to have a girls night, which Fallon knew was really just an excuse for Emily to pry information out of her. 

"I don't even know what the beginning is to be honest," Fallon confessed. She was on her third glass of wine, which meant she was only slightly buzzed. Definitely not drunk enough for the conversation that was about to be had, but she didn't have time to chug a bottle. Fallon had just told Emily what the situation was: her family was being hunted down and picked off one by one, and she was next. 

"Well, what do you know?"

"Okay. He started off in four year increments. He killed my father first, and then four years later he killed my mother. We thought maybe he was finished, but then only two years later he killed my brother Michael. Then two years later, Caroline. Today marks two years since Caroline's murder, and I was paranoid that he would come for me today."

"I see," Emily said. Her face portrayed how shocked she was, but Fallon wasn't finished yet. She then went on to describe how her family was murdered: by being stabbed ninety three times. That's when Emily's mouth dropped wide open. Fallon added in a few more  details, the locations of the murder, who had found each member of her family, and Emily was silent for a minute after she finished. 

"Fallon, I..."

"Em, I know. You're sorry, but honestly I'm okay," Fallon insisted, but if that day had proven anything to her, it was that she was anything but okay. She was slowly unravelling, and when she finally came undone, it would be messy. 

"Okay," Emily said. The two of them returned to their girls night of movies and wine, not letting the suddenly daunting mood taint a night that could be very fun. 

Fallon was relieved that she had told Emily. She was probably the person she trusted most in the world, since they had been through so much together So much that they were forbidden to talk about. Fallon knew that Emily would keep her secret, which she was happy about, but she was happy that somebody finally knew. The weight of that secret had been eating away at her, and now she felt as if a portion of that burden had been lifted. 

A/N: Hey guys, just a short chapter for y'all but it's an important one. I couldn't really figure out how I wanted Fallon to tell Emily, but I knew that I wanted Emily to know before anyone else, so I sort of figured something out. Hoped you enjoyed.