First Date (Michelangelo)

Word Count: 1100

~MICKEY'S POV~

I was super stoked. I was going to take Y/n to the skate park! I wanted to teach her how to skate and show her my rad skills! I quickly sent her a text saying I would be over in a few minutes and headed to her house. 

"Yo, bros! I'm going on a date with Y/n!" I hollered to my brothers. 

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, Mickey!" Raph said from his room. I pouted. Was it really so hard to beleive I had a girlfriend?

"You're doing what!" Donnie and Leo cried racing out of their rooms. 

"Uh... I'm going on a date," I said uneasily. 

Leo and Donnie looked at each other skeptically. 

"Um, okay," Donnie said uneasily. "Just... be back by nine. Okay?"

"You got it!" I responded back. 

"Wait!" Leo interjected. "Be careful, don't be seen by anyone. Be nice, don't..." he hesitated, trying to think of the right words, "just... respect her boundaries."

"Um... okay, Leo. See you guys later!" I called rushing out of the lair. This was gonna be awesome! I couldn't wait.

~YOUR POV~

I hated to admit it but I wasn't extatic about going on a date with Mickey. I mean, of course I was excited but I was really nervous. I scavened through my drawers but couldn't find anything to wear. Of course I couldn't! That would be too easy! There had to be something in here! I finally selected a hoodie and sweatpants. Hopefully this would work. 

Mickey said that we were going to the skate park

Mickey said that we were going to the skate park. I couldn't skate! I told him that but Mickey just said he would teach me. That wasn't a good idea. I wasn't exactly the best at balancing, or hand-eye cordination, or any athletic skill really. Tink sat on my bed gazing up at me with a concerned look. 

"I know this isn't going to end well!!" I groaned. "But what am I suppose to tell him! 'No thanks, Mickey. I'm to socially awkward for that kind of thing! Also, I hate skating.'? No way! That would be even worse!" I ranted to my kitty.

"Meww," Tink sounded. 

"Cut me some slack, okay? I mean, I am talking to a cat about my dating problems right now! Er... no offence."

Tink licked his paw and messed with his ear. I really needed to get intelligent friends. 

'Tap, tap, tap.'

Oh no! Not already! I wasn't ready for this! I wasn't even dressed! "Um, one minute!" I shouted to Mickey through my blind covered window. I quickly slipped into my clothes before opening the window. 

"Hey, dudette!" Mickey greeted. In his left hand he carried a pizza box and under his right arm was a skateboard. "You ready to go?"

"I-I-I guess," I said hesitantly, pulling on my ponytail in a nervous gesture. 

"Don't worry, dudette! We're just going to the skate park to eat some pizza," Mickey reasoned. 

"And to skateboard," I mummbled gloomily.

Mickey's brow scrunched up in confusion, "Well... yeah. Why would we go to the skatepark if we weren't skating?"

I couldn't help but laugh, "You have a point. Lead the way."

Mickey smiled before bidding me to climb to the top of the building. I followed him over the roofs to the nearby skate park. The lights were still on but luckily no one else was there. Mickey helped me over the fence. 

"Tada!" he said. "This is the my favorite place to skateboard! No one is ever here but it's still in good condition!" 

I looked around at the park. It was pretty basic but that was to be expected in such a small neighborhood. Mickey sat on the edge of a ramp and pat the spot beside him. I sat beside him in an awkward movement. Mickey opened the pizza box and we both ate a slice. I hummed slightly at the wonderful taste. 

"Good, right?" Mickey asked. 

I nodded in agreement. 

"This is the first human meal my brothers and I ever had," Mickey said with a mouthful of food. "We first tasted pizza when we came up to the surface the first time."

"I have no idea when my first time eating pizza was. It's hard to remember," I said. 

Mickey nodded in understanding, "Sensei only lets us get it once a week but I wish we had it more."

"W-what is he like? Your sensei?" I asked.

Mickey seemed slightly uncomfortable at the conversation, "I don't... I'm not sure how to describe it. He's good. Definetely good. He's rather serious though. Not really much fun. He's always been good with us though. I remember him tucking us into bed at night. He taught us how to read, how to fight, how to tie our bandannas on. Everything really."

"My mother did the same for me," I said. "I never knew my father." 

"Why not?" Mickey asked. 

I tensed, "Um... I'll tell you another time. For now, let's talk about something else. Where did you learn how to skateboard?"

"My brother Leo," Mickey said already on his fourth slice. "He taught himself how to skateboard and then he taught the rest of us." Mickey bounced up and wiped his hands on his legs. "And now, I'm going to teach you."

"I don't know," I said uneasily. 

"Come on, dudette! Just try?" Mickey pleaded giving me puppy dog eyes. 

"Alright," I sighed. 

"Yes!"

Mickey quickly pulled me off of the ramp and put his skateboard on the ground. He offered me his hand and I took it uneasily. 

"Place your right foot on the middle of the skateboard and then shift it when you put your left foot on," Mickey instructed. I did as he said only to send the skateboard flying and fall back. Luckily, Mickey caught me. I looked up to him shyly. Mickey just laughed, "That's okay, dudette. It took me like five tries to stand on it my first time." Mickey retrevied the skateboard and helped me on again. This time I managed to keep my balance. "Good job," Mickey praised. 

1 hour later...

~MICKEY'S POV~

Y/n was rolling on the skateboard while holding my hands. I controlled the speed as I walk alongside her. Y/n laughed softly. Her laugh was the prettiest, most cutest thing ever! I slowly loosened my grip on her hands. "You ready?" I asked. 

"Not really," Y/n said with a laugh. 

I slowly let go of her hands but continued walking beside her. 

"I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" she cried happily. The skateboard soon stopped and she jumped off with a stumble. 

"You did awesome!" I praised her. 

"Thanks, Mickey," Y/n said wrapping me into a hug. I stood for a moment awkwardly before hugging her back. 

"Sure thing, dudette."