Snippets of The World

=[I]=

He laid on his deathbed, the only thing that he could feel for the past weeks.

It had been a good life, he had thought. The world would never be the same after him. Ever since he had been transported here suddenly all those years ago, he knew that he was in for a meter and would be out in a mile. He was right. Thanks to his actions, the world was saved, for now at least. He had slew the Demon King and his Lords, and rallied an entire world against them, in order to stop his nefarious plans. Corrupt nobles and unscrupulous men alike lived in fear of their impeccable law enforcement force. Both the common man and the noble lived carefree lives, no longer needing to fear the horror of the Dark Ages.

He had returned to his burgeoning Empire as a hero; he had acquired and bedded countless cute and voluptuous women of otherworldly beauty; he had introduced revolutionary methods of policing, crop harvesting, engineering, and many, many more, plucking off of the successes of his former, modern world. Schools and libraries nearly quadrupled under his tutelage, and their higher classes now were the most astute individuals in the continent, according to his surveys. The standard for magical tiers became higher, and the monsters that had once preyed on men like cattle were driven back to where they belonged. Maid cafés became a thriving industry under his care.

All in all, it was peachy clean, just like how his ideal isekai life was supposed to be. Speaking of his life, he should probably wake up soon. He grumbled inwardly; he didn't want to wake up, but his wives would gut him if he didn't. Imagining he clicked his tongue-speaking had been an arduous affair after so long-he resolved to wake up.

For the first time in a while, the First Hero opened his weary eyes, looking at his surroundings. As expected, he was still on his queen-sized bed, but there was something off surrounding him. He should have been greeted by the opened windows of his curtains, and the calming sensation of the sun. The Hero narrowed his eyes, if he could see what was blocking him then...

Ah, that was his family.

But why where they here? Did they have a reason? They better have, as he just had the most erotic dream of his life yesterday, and he would chafe at someone interrupting for something non-urgent. Examining closer, the Hero counted the number of people here, both with his eyes and his other senses.

Woah, that was a lot of people. In fact, that was almost the entirety of his line, right infront of him. A cold sweat precipitated on his forehead. It must be more urgent than he thought it was if the entire family was here.

He tried to move his right hand out for support, but it refused to budge. He grit his teeth and tried again; still nothing. Suddenly, a small hand clasped his own, it's size almost laughable to the rugged, aging hand next to it. He looked at where the hand come from, and was pleasantly surprised to see one of his maids-a tall girl that had a small, red ponytail-who looked at her with no small amount of sorrow. She was wet in her bronze eyes, and had looked like she had been crying for a long time before the otherworlder noticed her.

The otherworlder in question sputtered, trying to figure out what made her cry like this. Looking around, he saw that the majority of his family was crying as well, some even outright wailing, though he couldn't hear any of it.

What were they doing? Is this an elaborate joke? He didn't miss April fools, right?

Suppressing a sigh, the hero once again turned to his red-haired maid. She could explain this, hopefully. But what only came out of his mouth was the croak of a dying animal. Embarrassment flared within himself for that mistake, why was he so nervous right now, damnit? He had so many girls in his harem he would probably know how to talk to girls right now, but apparently he hadn't. Why was it now?