Roxy and Gregory (pt. 2)

Începe de la început

Gregory opened the box and put the watch on, "T-thanks."

Roxy's tail wagged slightly, "Don't mention it," she said. "There is a vent up there that will let you out of my room."

Gregory looked up at the vent and hesitated, then turned to look at the tall animatronic wolf.

"Would you help me up?" Gregory asked, almost bluntly. "I can't exactly get up there by myself."

Roxy wasn't amused by Gregory's attitude at first, but once she casually looked up and down between him and the vent, she sighed.

"Yeah, I forget that kids can't reach things like we can." Roxy picked the small boy, her cold metal fingers pressing against his shirt; the animatronic's faux fur scratched his arms.

Gregory lifted the vent, surprised to see it was unlocked. Roxy pushed him up and watched him crawl into the cold vent, hearing him shift inside the noisy area.

"You okay, pup?" Roxy asked, for once feeling worried. She didn't like the feeling; it made her servos tingle uncomfortably. This is why robots aren't designed to feel anxiety.

The boy took a shaky breath and replied "Y-yeah!" before crawling down the vents; the metal space was just the right size for them. With some slight clanking, he climbed through; Greg walked over some scraps of metal then turned right. The sound of speaking startled him. He stopped in front of another vent entrance, this one looking into Freddy's room. Greg raised an eyebrow then listened closely.

"Tonight's show was terrible!" he said. "Roxy is being placed on Safe Mode until the engineers run system checks so we lost our keytarist. Monty is losing it in his room. Again! He's gonna get himself decommissioned. And Chica's been eating garbage, cluttering her endoskeleton and messing with her circuitry."

Gregory watched as Freddy paced around. He sat down on his couch with an indignant huff, "What a bunch of bumbling idiots." he said.

The sneaking boy scowled at him, muttering "jerk" before he moved on. Gregory could hear smashing and roaring, startling him; guess Monty really is losing it. He moved even faster, trying to get away from the enraged alligator's room as quickly as possible. Greg came across another vent entrance; Chica was destroying a guitar riff, thrashing her head and giggling. The youngling snickered at that then kept going. He looked up and smiled. He finally reached the end of the vent; Greg pushed against the grate but it didn't budge. He turned around and kicked it open, wincing at the noise. With a grunt, Gregory climbed out.

The lobby was a dark and spotless area, decorated by gleaming fountains and statues of animatronics; neon lights indicated the shops and restaurants. The complex was creepy without any people in it; Gregory shuddered. A voice spoke from the PA system, "Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for visiting, and we hope you enjoyed the show! Freddy and the gang are pretty tired, but they'll be back again next week after a few days of scheduled maintenance." it said.

Gregory checked if the coast is clear then he circled back, walking by the Gang's green rooms. Freddy was still sitting on the couch, his legs crossed and resting his head on his fist; somehow, the animatronic managed to look annoyed. Greg walked past him, glancing at the still jamming out Chica. BAM! Gregory jumped back. Monty's room was completely sealed, the windows tinted black. From inside, the reptilian robot was breaking chairs and banging on walls. The boy nervously walked past, curious as to how a robot designed for kids could be so violent behind closed doors; then he remembered the company that made them.

Pushing aside the thought, Gregory approached Roxy's door and paused; the door had no handle. Gregory pounded on the door, "Roxy! I can't open the door." he said.