When The Lights Dim, The Baby Sings

March 12.

The last day.

Again.

-

Everything was so loud, so booming, so distracting. Her voice was taunt, even when she was sleeping. She didn't mean harm, but she created it, naturally, quickly, without a second to think about the words that would splutter down her mouth, like water, falling from the mouth of a river - quickly, smoothly, elegantly yet ungracefully as the trickles fell from the highs. She did take the opportunities of life, but to the extent of others, and to the extent of her own passions and beliefs falling flat, like pebbles dropping into the river but not fully floating down stream, just still, absolute, loud. The river would come, March 13, it would come strong and fierce, as well as silent and stunning, and it would guide, it would mould, it would become.

-

"I am so goddam tired oh my god", Stephanie fumbled through her eyes, yawning, growling, whinging - I wouldn't be surprised if someone mistook her for a bear of some sort, oh no, oh wait, Eve from the younger year did.

"Yeah sam-"

"Oh shut up Sam, you were OBVIOUSLY - " (the capitals which show the actual volume of her voice) "out with Mark!"

"Urm, I wasn't actually Stephanie? I was revising, you know, for the tes-", the young girl said, dwindling her locks around her fingers, she was tough, she always had been, but Stephanie made her seem so, weak, pitiful. Sam remembered the day she humoured a younger boy for his sexist remarks during last year, the way his face turned from a brutal pink to a foul blue, and the way his eyes rolled within themselves in coldness. Stephanie wasn't like that though, she was her friend, well, she used to be. They would tie each-others hair as the brightness of the summered trees voiced upon their backs, but something changed, she changed, because of the influences around her, because of the way the stars aligned into creation, but she shouldn't have let it change her, not like this. Timper will stop it. I'll stop it. The death, the shades of dark and light - gold but slight, the patterns of the rain, the awakening from above, the blood from below - they'll stop it.

"Yeah yeah okay, we know, we know.", Stephanie giggled to her friends but no response giggled back.

Ignoring the things that were building the bricks around her, she walked away, from those who would soon rise as she stumbled, and those who she would miss so gratefully.

Sam's hair, the strands bare.

Stephanie wondered through the half of students, names so numb and anonymous, names filled with stories and names without names. She barged between them, the circular lights beaming from above, the tables filled with faces that would soon seem so free from the life that stopped them, as well as faces filled with faith and good, that would soon be blinded by the real life, the difficult, the hard, the mountains. The books would evaporate between their fingers, their minds would grasp away from their books and pencils, and they'd fall between the tables and chairs, into the solid pavement that may lay below.

"Move out my way"

A tounge buttered with venom, but the toxics would soon wear away to reveal the beautiful snake that once would lay.

Stephanie was a teenage girl, but moving towards the later years of her life as a teenager. She would soon venture into adulthood, and she would be alone with it, as she so desperately wishes now, but she'd miss the comfort of those she loved in Timper, and she'd dream at why it all happened, but it happened because it needed to, because without the happening, the effects could never begin, and without the effects, humanity would never seek another day. Stephanie had lush brunette hair, finely toned features and a face that many young girls would aspire to be like, but the face did not matter, the face was only a mask, a way to hide your real self, your real life. She lived in once a small family, a family that would surround her with the comforts of love, but it would soon become big, this is what made herself change, made herself become the person she was not, and that mask still lies upon her golden eyes as she walks past those who dreamed of having such astonishing beauty. Beauty isn't as vague as many think, beauty is held within.