Chapter 2: the first day

Kiyotaka POV:

Hayasaka and I walked through the halls, just coming back from a boring entrance ceremony. Whoever thought that 3 hours long worth of speeches that didn't pertain to the entrance was a valuable Use of time, seriously is going to learn true pain.

"Hayasaka, I will refer to you like this from now on," she didn't seem surprised "good, we are going to do our best to not draw suspicion from our class. Just as a basis, don't start referring to me by first name anymore."

"Awww, you're no fun Ayanokoji-kun" Hayasaka pouted then smiled "it doesn't mean we can't still talk and have lunch together, right?"

The puppy eyes, the damn puppy eyes. She knew I would usually say no, but not since she learned my weakness. Ice cream and her puppy eyes.

"If we go out to eat ice cream then it is a yes."

"Deal!" Hayasaka proclaimed victory, I could only sigh as a response. I'm not sure why, but she has seemed a lot more persistent lately.

We walked into the classroom, I tried my best to blend in going through the back. While Hayasaka started to talk with a group of girls who seemed to be the type to bite my balls off at the first sign of me being near socializing.

I then sat down at the desk with my name labeled mine and stared off into the window. What would my life be like here? How would I spend my time now that I am free? What will happen to Ai once this is all over? I don't want her to be killed by that man because of my selfish actions so long as I can stop it. After all, I knew what he was like.

"What an unpleasant coincidence meeting you here." The black-haired girl from earlier.

"Coincidences can be freaky," I said as I saw Hayasaka come over to me.

"They sure are Ayanokoji-kun," Hayasaka grinned "After all, it seems we'll be sitting next to each other."

It was odd, I looked around the room and it was almost too odd. The seating arrangements although predetermined, seemed to pair people with good chemistry together. That was clear when there was already multiple groups separated with social order. Then there was myself and Hayasaka, interesting, this school should prove to not be ordinary.

"My name is Hayasaka Ai and this is my childhood friend Ayanokoji Kiyotaka," Hayasaka swiftly and smoothly introduced both of us, a hand held out.

"I'm not looking to make friends here," the girl rejected Hayasaka, I knew my friend didn't take kindly to that so I decided to step in.

"It wouldn't kill you to tell us your name, would it? We'll be sitting with each other for the next 3 years after all." I said in hope of getting through to her.

She was silent, just when we were about to start talking again.

"Horikita Suzune." She stated and went back to reading her book.

I small talked with Hayasaka until a teacher walked in the room. She was about average height with black hair and a serious look to her face. I could tell already this woman would mean trouble.

"My name is Chabashira Sae and I teach Japanese history, as well as your homeroom teacher for the next three years. These are your classmates for the next three years, so I suggest getting used to it. I will pass out materials about the school and it's special rules. Basic guide to the campus is within it to include a map."

Chabashira-sensei then proceeded to give an in-depth explanation of the rules.

Hayasaka POV:

"If there are no questions, then I will be leaving. You are all dismissed for the day with classes starting normally tomorrow."