Goodbye, Hometown

Start from the beginning

He nodded in response as I got up going into the house.

I felt the light pressure slowly let go of me as I thought of the feeling of not being in this hellhouse anymore. Although I would love to bring my sisters.

I managed to get up the stairs without my stepfather and mother knowing going into my room, me and my sisters shared.

I got needed things and put them into a bookbag, I turned to my sisters playing with rubber ducks as I smiled sadly at them, they have such a miserable life and they don't even notice.

"Cindy, Cassidy" i called them.

I watched them giggle as they ran to me.

"Big sissy is going to go out somewhere, but she won't be back for a little while, when she comes back she's gonna take you guys with her, ok?" I smiled by covering up my tears.

I watched them nod as they smiled at me.

"I love you, girls"

They continued to play as I walked out of the room looking at them carefully once more, closing the door softly.

I tossed the bookbag across my shoulder as I quietly walked down the stairs to the front door.

I began opening it soon meeting eyes with my stepfather.

I was frightened, he was the last person I wanted to see during the process of running away with my best friend that he hated.

"Get back in this house, right now!" he shouted.

"She'll be coming with me instead" Will interrupted, pulling me into his side.

I gave him the 'are you crazy' look as I refused to look back at my stepfather.

"Young man, Why are you here, on my property" My stepfather asked, aggressively.

"Which property are you talking about, the property you think you own or a person?" Will asked.

I watched my stepfather get angrier by the second.

I tried pulling Will away as he jerked his hand away coming closer to my stepfather.

"And you just listen here bastard, Lorielle isn't your property and won't ever be" He yelled in my stepfathers face.

I felt scared, scared my stepfather might hit Will, my stepfather never backs down, neither does Will.

"Will, please" I cried out.

I watched him turn around as his face softened.

"Get off my property kid, i'll tell you again, or i'll kill you" my stepfather threatened.

That was it, Will was not going to let that fly.

Will pinned my stepfather to the door as he pulled out his pocket knife.

I gasped covering my mouth with my cold hands.

"Listen motherfucker, threaten to do anything to me again and this blade will slit your jugular, understand?" Will said sternly.

I watched my stepfathers face turn red, part of me wanted to stop Will while the other just wanted to watch with a smirk, and I did.

Will let go forcing my stepfather to the ground as he laid there absolutely shocked that Will was so strong.

"Come on, Lor" Will said putting his pocket knife back in his pocket.

Picking up our bags I followed behind him. My best friend sure was something else, he would always be there to protect me, and always reassured me that.