8 | OC graveyard tag

Start from the beginning

Avery isn't a model demigod by any means. So when she's chosen to go on a quest with newcomers Jason Grace, Piper McLean, and Leo Valdez, everyone is confused. Including Avery herself.

HOW I IMAGINE AVERY NOW:
Avery is still average at everything else her cabin is known for, but she can hold her own with a bow (and would get stronger with it as the series went on), but she's hiding a big secret that only she, Chiron, and Will know about. When she sings, her voice emits the same effect of a siren. Chiron had made her keep it a secret when she arrived at Camp Half-Blood. Will only knows for safety reasons. Avery hides her gift, curse, whatever you want to call it, under the excuse that her singing voice is just so bad that nobody wants to hear it. So she stays silent at every campfire, birthday party, and jam fest with her half-siblings.

So yeah, Avery kind of hates her dad. Why are all of her siblings so amazing, while all she can do is bring danger with her voice? Deadly danger, as evident by the fact that she'd accidentally lured her best friend and neighbor into a pool at the age of four, where he'd drowned. Will assures her that she'll get better at everything with time, but Avery isn't so sure.

Then the camp's oracle reveals a prophecy she's pretty sure she's a part of. But why her? That's certainly what everyone else is wondering as well. She can tell that nobody thinks she's capable of saving the world like Percy Jackson had.

Avery has her own doubts about herself, but she becomes determined to prove herself as a worthy demigod.

NOTES:
I cannot believe I used Acacia Brinley, the early 2010's iconic Tumblr girl, as Avery's original faceclaim, but here we are.

This book was the first of what would have been a series had it not been accidentally deleted. The first book would have centered around Avery in The Lost Hero. Since book two took place in Camp Jupiter, I created another OC.

Originally, Avery's stepdad had an adopted son named Zach. I changed it to their moms being married instead. The kicker is that both moms are keeping their child's demigod status a secret, and since the step-siblings go to different camps, they have no idea. So Avery and Zach meet up at the end of The Son of Neptune like :o

•─────────✦❀✦─────────•

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
AUTUMN MOORE
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Book: Welcoming the Cold
Created: 2012
Fandom: Rise of the Guardians
Love Interest: Jack Frost
Original Faceclaim: N/A
Revamped Faceclaim: Anna Grekova
OCs Who Contain Pieces of Her: Dylan

Book: Welcoming the ColdCreated: 2012Fandom: Rise of the GuardiansLove Interest: Jack FrostOriginal Faceclaim: N/ARevamped Faceclaim: Anna GrekovaOCs Who Contain Pieces of Her: Dylan