"Keep practising. Punch through the dummy," Johnny ordered before grabbing his phone and walking towards his office. Kalon sighed before getting up from the ground, sending Demetri a quick talk later message before approaching Miguel. "You're too tense, afraid to hurt yourself," Kalon expressed as she stood beside Miguel, he turned his head to her and looked her in the eyes with a slight shrug.

"Do yourself a favour, picture Benny as Kyler then try again," Kalon suggested before stepping back from Miguel, crossing her arms as she watched him take a breath before sending a punch into Benny's face before another and another. "Deep breaths Miguel, don't let your anger or rage control you. You stay in control," Kalon ordered sternly as she observed him. Miguel's punches were becoming more calculated and focused which made Kalon smile impressed.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

"Hey, Sensei, is there any particular way you want me to wash these windows?" Miguel asks Johnny with a rag in his hands. Kalon was practising her punches on Benny with her music playing from her phone for them all to listen to. "No, I don't give a shit," Johnny replied making Kalon's focus falter as she laughed lightly. "Whatever's easiest," Johnny added looking from his daughter to Miguel before noticing how late in the afternoon it was.

"You know what? Just go clean the toilet, and we'll call it a night. Kali, falter," Johnny ordered the two. Kalon stepped back from Benny and bowed her head with a smile before moving him to the corner of the room and fixing up the mats while Miguel headed into the bathroom. The doorbell jingled catching Johnny and Kalon's attention, neither looked to see who it was. "Welcome to Cobra Kai," Johnny announced as he walked out before faltering in his step, Kalon looked up to see Daniel LaRusso standing there.

"Some things never change," Daniel sneered as he looked from Johnny to Kalon with a small shake of his head before focusing his attention on the older Lawrence. "Yeah, what are you talking about?" Johnny asked him with his head high. "I heard you beat up a bunch of teenagers in that parking lot out there," Daniel answered with an unimpressed expression. "Hold on, wait a minute-" Kalon was stopped by Johnny who raised his hand to silence her, she bit her cheek to stay quiet.

"No, I didn't beat up any teenagers. I kicked the shit out of a bunch of assholes who deserved it," Johnny corrected with no shame. "Wow, Johnny Lawrence calling someone else an asshole. That's rich, man," Daniel snapped back. "Yeah, what's that supposed to mean?" Johnny asked as he stepped closer to Daniel. "Look, I'm not here to rehash the past," Daniel spoke making Kalon roll her eyes as he continued, "Just stay away from my daughter's friends." Kalon furrowed her brows before connecting the dots, it was Kyler tormenting Miguel.

"Your daughter's friends? Yeah, that makes sense. Nice company she keeps, makes sense why Kali found new friends," Johnny expressed sternly, Kalon stayed silent as Daniel looked to her before looking back at Johnny. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Daniel was offended by the words, that was clear. "It means those friends of hers were wailing on a kid half their size. Now, maybe you don't know your daughter as well as you think you do," Johnny snapped back.

Daniel faltered at those words as Kalon fought the urge to agree verbally, Sam had changed a lot since she became popular and Kalon was struggling to see the same girl she befriended. "Get your house in order, LaRusso," Johnny added with a sneer. "Who the hell do you think you're talking to?" Daniel snapped as he stepped forward. "Bathroom's clean!" Miguel called out as he made his way out not realising the situation.

"Is there anything else you need me or Kalon to do?" Miguel asked before looking up to see the heated situation. "I'm sorry, Sensei..." Miguel trailed off as Kalon approached him and rested her hand on his shoulder. "Sensei? Really?" Daniel asked looking at the teenagers as if it was some kind of practical joke and Kalon did not appreciate it. "Oh, my God, kid, I don't know what he's told you, but you shouldn't believe a word this guy says, or you're going to end up exactly like him," Daniel warned Miguel.

Daniel turned to Kalon, "It isn't too late. He may be your father but that doesn't decide for you." Kalon glared at him as Johnny faltered, "I'm honoured to be his daughter, so I suggest you keep your unwanted opinions to yourself, Mr LaRusso." Daniel faltered from the harshness of her tone, he had never seen her like that before and a part of him never wanted to see that side of her again. "You and I... this... We aren't done," Daniel said to Johnny.

"I'm right here, man," Johnny barked back, Daniel scoffed before walking out of the dojo leaving the three standing there. "I'm sorry if I interrupted anything, Sensei. Should I do twenty push-ups on my knuckles?" Miguel asked. "Right, like you could," Johnny replied making Kalon laugh instantly, the three of them smiled. Kalon and Miguel made their way into the apartments talking about random topics, they were laughing and smiling which made Johnny smile to see Kalon happy.

With some convincing, Kalon and Miguel convinced their parents to let them have a sleepover despite it being a school night. They had decided to stay in the Lawrence apartment knowing that they wouldn't get in trouble for staying up late or potentially ending up late to school. So, that's what they did, the two of them laughed and watched random youtube videos while eating snacks. Kalon was beyond content with her new best friend and Miguel was grateful that he had someone like Kalon Lawrence in his life.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Rosemary Speaks

I will be honest, writing this story is a struggle to me as I feel like it isn't gonna be good. But I'm still going to give it my best, so I hope you enjoy it anyway.

I will let you know that Eli is endgame but Kalon will have another relationship for a short period in the story, just a heads up.

Edit: This book is a poly as stated in the title and description. When I first began writing, as seen in the former author note, it was an Eli only ending. But upon editing and revising, I decided to make it a poly relationship with Demetri and Eli.

Thoughts on this chapter?

See you in the next chapter!